Table of Contents
Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Seating for Church: We have received an updated directive regarding protocols for regular church services:
- For gatherings of which all attendees aged 12 years old and over are fully vaccinated (or have an approved medical exemption) and have provided proof of the same, physical distancing is no longer required to be provided for, or maintained, between individuals who are seated. In these instances, churches may utilize all pews for worship services and attendees may feel free to sit wherever they choose and with whomever they choose. No registration is required.
- While in common areas, congregating should still be avoided. Physical distancing should still be practiced while in common areas. Attendees should be informed and reminded of, this practice.
- Masks remain mandatory upon entering the church and must remain on at all times.
- Church Calendars: Church Calendars for 2022 are available now for pick up. The cost is $5 each.
- Thank You: A total of $214 was received at the Shared Ministry service on Sunday, November 21. All proceeds will be given to the local food bank. Thanks to all who contributed!
- Bishop Sam Rose’s Advent Message: A copy of Bishop Sam’s Advent Message is available at the church entrance for anyone who would like a copy.
- Christmas Hamper Project: Our Christmas Hamper Project is underway and our Advent tree is up … Christmas is coming! We are looking for donations of items to fill our hampers. Please take a tag from the Advent tree at the back of the church. This will indicate the donation(s) you will be providing. This year we need help providing children’s gifts so you will notice tags requesting gift cards and monetary donations, as well as grocery items. These donations can be dropped off at the church office from December 6 -10 from 9 am - 1 pm or you can bring your items to church on December 12. Monetary donations via Website or etransfer [email protected] password church (please reference Hamper Project). Thanks for your support! Christmas Hamper Team – Karen Anthony, Nickie Butler, Kathy MacPherson
Online Fall Fair Auction:
- Our online Fall Fair Auction started on Sunday and will run until Friday, November 26 at 7pm on Facebook. We have OVER 200 incredible lots available to bid on! Be sure to check it out and place a bid or two before the auction closes in just a couple of days.
- Once you have logged into your Facebook account, please search for “Online Fall Fair Auction – Parish of the Ascension"
- All successful bidders will be contacted by Lisa Fancey using Facebook messenger on Friday night, November 26. If you have any perishable items (foods, etc.), they can be dropped to the church side door on Saturday, November 27, between 10 and 11:30 a.m. ALL items will be available for pickup on Saturday, November 27 from 1 to 3:30 p.m. at the church using the side entrance. Payments can be made by e-transfer to [email protected] using the password church, or by cheque or cash when you pick up your item/items. If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Fancey (685-9408 after 4p.m.) or [email protected])
- Thank you so much for your support of this important church fundraiser!
- Advent Project – St. Margaret’s Boat: This Advent we partnered with Daybreak Child and Parent Center to donate books for children ages 2-4. You may write a note or place a card in the book if you wish. New books only, please. All items purchased can be placed in the boat that is located in the side foyer. Books collected will be presented to Maureen Bethel, acting ED from Daybreak Parent Child Center, on December 12 at the 11a.m. service. The children in this age group really enjoy interactive type books, diversity and multi culture and any type of visually stimulating books.
- Advent Packages/Help Needed: Your Advent Packages are available for pick at the back of the church. If you are able to deliver any to family or friends, please feel free to do so. Thank you for your assistance.
- CLB Congratulations: Congratulations to Capt. Wallace Earle on his 60 years of service to the CLB. What a huge accomplishment! The CLB are honored to have you as part of their company.
- Christmas Puddings: Parish of the Good Shepherd has Christmas Puddings prepared and ready for pick up. Anyone interested can call the church office 747-1022 or can drop by during regular office hours, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 9:30am to 12:30pm. The puddings are $20 each.
- Community Supper: This week’s free hot take out meal will be on Wednesday, December 5 from 5 - 6:30 p.m. The mobile truck will be parked at Motor Vehicle Registration parking lot, 149 Smallwood Drive. Covid protocols will be observed
- Cowan Heights United Church Mid-Week Advent Worship: Join us on Wednesday evenings this upcoming Advent season for a more reflective and quiet service. Through times of silence, poetry, scripture, and song, we will be reflecting, longing, waiting, and discovering as Advent people on this journey through the December darkness. December 1, 8, 15, and 22 at 7:00 p.m. You can register for the services by visiting our website www.cowanheightsunited.ca or by calling (709) 745-2871.
- Theatre CBS - It’s A Wonderful Life: This production will be held on Dec. 3, 4, 5 at The Royal Canadian Legion, 60 Legion Road, CBS. Tickets prices are: seniors and students $20 and adults $25. They are available at www.theatrecbs.com or by e mail [email protected], Friday and Saturday shows at 7:30 p.m. (arrive at 7 p.m.); Sunday Afternoon Matinee at 2 p.m. (arrive by 1:30 p.m.). Covid 19 Protocols in place, Vax Passes required.
- Pre-Authorized Givings: If you would like to set up pre-authorized givings, please contact the church office at 368-5693 for direction.
- Counting Teams: Five more people are needed to complete our counting teams. If you are interested in joining this ministry, please contact the office at [email protected] or call 368-5693.
- Church Envelopes and Donations: Just a reminder to include your name, envelope number and amount of the giving on the envelope when you submit your donation. This will ensure you receive credit on your yearly tax receipts. Thank you.
- E-Transfer: What a great way to contribute to the parish for your weekly offering or special project! If you would like to use an alternate method of payment, please use the following email address: [email protected] and the password is church.
- CLB Take Out Lunch: Each week the CLB offers take out lunch specials on Friday. If you are interested in purchasing for your home or office group, please call 722-1737 to pre-order. Orders must be received by Thursday at 11 a.m. Free delivery for orders of five or more dinners.
- St Michaels and All Angels Parish: They will be having a Bake & Craft Sale with "New to You" items and Toonie Bags on Saturday Dec.4th 10:00 am to 3:00 pm at their church, 75 Kiwanis Street, St. John’s. Vax passes and masks are mandatory. For further information call Barbara at 722-3295.
- Services During the Week:
- December 5, 2021, Advent II: 11:00am - Holy Eucharist/BAS
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources