Table of Contents
Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Christmas Services:
- December 23 @ 7 p.m. BCP/HE
- December 24 @ 2 p.m. Welsh Eucharist
- December 24 @ 7 p.m. BAS/HE
- December 26 @ 11 a.m. BAS/HE
- January 2 @ 11 a.m. BAS/HE
- Tax Receipts for 2021 Year: Just a reminder that if you would like your givings included on your 2021 tax receipt, you must have them dropped off to the church office no later than 12 noon on December 31, 2021. If you would like to drop them in the mail slot on the front step, they will be collected and counted by 12 noon on December 31. Givings received after this time will be included on the following year’s tax receipts. Thank you.
- Christmas Office Closure: The office will be closed during the Christmas holidays as follows:
- Closed: December 24 – December 30
- Open: December 31 from 9 – 12 (deadline to receive givings for 2021 tax year)
- Open: The office will reopen for regular hours on Monday, January 3, 2022.
Christmas Hamper Project: Thanks to all those who took tags from the Hamper tree and donated items. We are accepting donations up to Monday, December 13.
Advent Project - St. Margaret’s Boat: Today we welcome Maureen Bethel, Educational Director at Daybreak Child and Parent Center. Ms. Bethel will accept those books so generously donated by you. A sincere thank you to all who contributed to this worthy cause.
Christmas Lessons and Carols: On Sunday, December 19 we will offer a service of Lessons and Carols combined with Advent lV at 11 a.m. We are grateful that our choir has prepared anthems for this annual event.
CLB Take Out Lunch: Each week the CLB offers take out lunch specials on Friday. If you are interested in purchasing for your home or office group, please call 722-1737 to pre-order. Orders must be received by Thursday at 11 a.m. Free delivery for orders of five or more dinners.
Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony and Carol Sing: On Sunday, December 19, at 6:30 p.m. we will light up our Christmas tree. If you are interested in making a donation in memory of a loved one or in honor of a special someone, please complete the form attached and return it to the church office on or before Thursday, December 16. Family and friends are welcome to join us on the parking lot for an evening of carol singing. All are asked to remain in their vehicles. Memorial Booklets with the names of those submitted will be available by the end of January.
Advent Packages/Help Needed: A huge thank you to all who have helped deliver the Advent packages thus far. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. However, we still have approximately 75 packages not yet delivered. If you are able to help in any way please drop by the church. Thank you once again.
Church of the Good Shepherd:
- Church of the Good Shepherd Carols in the Labyrinth and lighting of our Christmas tree is today at 3 p.m. All are invited to attend.
- Community Supper: The next take out community supper will be 6:30 p.m on December 15 at Church of the Good Shepherd. It will be Christmas Dinner – ham and all the fixings. Registration is required. Take out meal will be distributed at Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive. Covid protocols will be observed
- St. Mark’s Annual Vigil to Remember Those Who Have Died By Suicide: The service will be at St. Mark’s, Logy Bay Road on Sunday, December 12, at 3:00 p.m. The service will also be livestreamed via their Facebook page. This annual community vigil is held to remember those who died by suicide and to support survivors of suicide loss. The vigil remembers family, friends and loved ones through poetry, prayer, candle lighting and music by Shelley Neville and Peter Halley. All are invited to attend.
- Pre-Authorized Givings: If you would like to set up pre-authorized givings, please contact the church office at 368-5693 for direction.
- Church Envelopes and Donations: Just a reminder to include your name, envelope number and amount of the giving on the envelope when you submit your donation. This will ensure you receive credit on your yearly tax receipts. Thank you.
- E-Transfer: What a great way to contribute to the parish for your weekly offering or special project! If you would like to use an alternate method of payment, please use the following email address: [email protected] and the password is church.
- Food Bank: We are resuming collection for food bank items, effective immediately. We have a bin located in the main entrance of the church for those who would like to bring any items on Sunday, and we will also have a bin located at our side entrance for those who wish to drop their items at the church between 9 a.m. to 12 noon, Monday to Friday. Thank you so much.
- Services During the Week:
- December 19, 2021, Lessons and Carols and Advent lV: 11:00am - Holy Eucharist/BAS
- December 19, 2021, Christmas Tree Lighting and Carol Sing: 6:30pm - Parking Lot
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources