Advent IV - Lessons and Carols
Table of Contents
Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Christmas Services:
- December 23 @ 7 p.m. BCP/HE
- December 24 @ 2 p.m. Welsh Eucharist
- December 24 @ 7 p.m. BAS/HE
- December 26 @ 11 a.m. BAS/HE
- January 2 @ 11 a.m. BAS/HE
- Bishop’s Samuel Rose’s Christmas Message: A copy of the Bishop’s Christmas message is available at the church entrance for anyone who would like a copy.
- Tax Receipts for 2021 Year: Just a reminder that if you would like your givings included on your 2021 tax receipt, you must have them dropped off to the church office no later than 12 noon on December 31, 2021. If you would like to drop them in the mail slot on the front step, they will be collected and counted by 12 noon on December 31. Givings received after this time will be included on the following year’s tax receipts. Thank you.
Christmas Office Closure: The office will be closed during the Christmas holidays as follows:
- Closed: December 24 – December 30
- Open: December 31 from 9 – 12 (deadline to receive givings for 2021 tax year)
- Closed: Monday, January 3 in observance of New Year’s Day
- Open: The office will reopen for regular hours on Tuesday, January 4, 2022.
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony and Carol Sing: Today we will light our Christmas tree. Family and friends are welcome to join us on the parking lot at 6:30 p.m. for an evening of carol singing. This year, we are unable to light our trees due to the high cost of replacing bulbs and having the lights placed on the tree by a company. As a result, we have a smaller tree by the front entrance. All are asked to remain in their vehicles.
- Christmas Memorials: If you are interested in honouring a loved one in remembrance in our Christmas Memorial Booklet, information will be accepted up to January 16, 2022. Please provide your name, envelope number and the name of the honoree. If you lit a bulb at our Christmas Tree Lighting and Carol Sing, your loved one’s name has been added to the Memorial Booklet. Booklets will be available by January 30, 2022.
- St. Margaret’s Boat Project: Maureen Bethel, Education Director from Daybreak Child and Parent Center, reported that the Center received a total of 201 books. There were enough donated for each child to receive one for Christmas. She sends sincere thanks and appreciation to all who contributed to this worthy cause.
- Church Envelope Numbers: Many of you have noticed that some of our church envelope numbers have changed. Over the past couple of years, we have reduced the number of envelopes as many numbers were not being used. This enabled us to save funds sorely needed elsewhere. If you had a number between 401 and 700, your number is changed effective January 1, 2022. Please ensure to use your new 2022 church envelopes and write your name on the envelopes so your givings can be correctly applied to your tax receipt. Thank you.
- Advent Packages/Help Needed: A huge thank you to all who have helped deliver the Advent packages thus far. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. We have approximately 70 packages not yet delivered. If you are able to help, please drop by the church to pick up some envelopes to deliver. Thank you once again.
- Pre-Authorized Givings: If you would like to set up pre-authorized givings, please contact the church office at 368-5693 for direction.
- Church Envelopes and Donations: Just a reminder to include your name, envelope number and amount of the giving on the envelope when you submit your donation. This will ensure you receive credit on your yearly tax receipts. Thank you.
- E-Transfer: What a great way to contribute to the parish for your weekly offering or special project! If you would like to use an alternate method of payment, please use the following email address: [email protected] and the password is church.
- Food Bank: We are resuming collection for food bank items, effective immediately. We have a bin located in the main entrance of the church for those who would like to bring any items on Sunday, and we will also have a bin located at our side entrance for those who wish to drop their items at the church between 9 a.m. to 12 noon, Monday to Friday. Thank you so much.
- Services During the Week:
- Christmas Services
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources