Lections: Isaiah 62:1-5; Psalm 36:1-5 (Refrain: We feast on the riches of your house, O Lord); John 2:1-11
11:00am: Morning Prayer
- Officiant/Homilist: Reverend Lynn Courage
Hymns:441 vs. 1, 3, 4; 58 vs. 1, 2, 3; 58 vs. 1, 2, 3; 437 vs. 1, 3, 4; 341 vs. 1, 2, 3
Table of Contents
Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Home Again Furniture Bank: Due to the evolving pandemic, Home Again Furniture Bank has moved to contactless pick-up and delivery. They will no longer enter homes. Instead, they will drop off and pick-up furniture at the front step, main door or in garages. If this does not work for you, please hold your items until the guidelines and restrictions ease and it is safe to enter homes once again. Thank you!
- Community Supper Take-out for Those in Need: This is a hot, free take-out meal for those in need. Meal will be served from the mobile food truck at Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive on Wednesday, January 26. If you know someone who could use a hot meal, please come pick one up for them. Covid-19 protocols will be observed. Meals will be available from 5-6:30 pm.
- On-line Services: Due to the evolving situation with the Omicron virus and as per direction from the Diocese, we have cancelled in-person worship. Instead, we will resume on-line worship each Sunday at 11 a.m. Please join us on-line on our Facebook page at Parish of the Ascension. The service will be recorded and you will be able to view it at a later time on our Facebook page, as well as our YouTube channel.
- Offerings: If you have offerings for the church, you may drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox will be monitored regularly. Other ways to donate include e-transfer (password: church), or you can contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. We sincerely thank you!
- Church Envelope Numbers: Many of you have noticed that our church envelope numbers have changed. Over the past couple of years, we have reduced the number of envelopes as many numbers were not being used. This enabled us to save funds sorely needed elsewhere. If you had a number between 401 and 700, your number is now changed. Please ensure you use your new 2022 church envelopes and write your name on the envelopes so your givings can be correctly applied to your tax receipt. Thank you.
- Office Closure: The general office will remain closed to the public until further notice. In the event of a pastoral emergency, please contact Rev. Lynn Courage at 682-8500. If your call is not of an urgent nature, you may leave a message on the office phone, 368-5693, and someone will return your call as soon as possible.
- Pre-Authorized Givings: If you would like to set up pre-authorized givings, please contact the church office at 368-5693 for direction.
- Church Envelopes and Donations: Just a reminder to include your name, envelope number and amount of the giving on the envelope when you submit your donation. This will ensure you receive credit on your yearly tax receipts. Thank you.
- E-Transfer: What a great way to contribute to the parish for your weekly offering or special project! If you would like to use an alternate method of payment, please use the following email address: [email protected] and the password is church.
- Services During the Week:
- January 23, 2022 Epiphany III, 11:00am: TBD
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources