Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Bishop’s Lenten Pastoral Letter: The Bishop’s Lenten letter is available at the back of the church for anyone who would like a copy.
- PWRDF Sunday: PWRDF is supporting the emergency response of those displaced by the invasion of Ukraine through its partner ACT Alliance. If you would like to donate, envelopes are available at the back of the church. Please ensure you write your name on the envelope. Thanks so much.
- Stations of the Cross: Wednesdays in Lent, Reverend Lynn will host the Stations of the Cross at 11 a.m. Parishioners are asked to enter through the side entrance, sign-in and sanitize your hands upon entering. You will be seated in the church and the booklets will be in the pews. Reverend Lynn will proceed through the stations and you are invited to follow along from your pew. The dates for the <strong">Stations of the Cross are: March 9, 16, 23, 30 and April 6.</strong">
- Lenten Folders and Lenten Booklets: The Lenten self-denial folders and our 2022 Lenten Booklets are available for pick up at the back of the church. The 2022 Lenten Booklets lists all services/activities for this Lenten season. Please keep this booklet handy as a reference for all activities.
- AGM: Our AGM has been rescheduled to March 27 at 2 p.m. The reports will be available for pick on March 20 or from the church office.
- Food Bank Collection:<strong"> We have resumed collection for our food bank. If you have items you would like to donate, please bring them along on Sunday and place them in the bin at the back of the church. Thank you.</strong">
- In person Worship at the Ascension<strong">:
- We have resumed in-person worship at our 11 a.m. service. No pre-registration is necessary to attend service.
- Household “bubbles” may be seated together.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Please keep in mind that our church will be ventilated by opening windows during the service so you are reminded to dress appropriately.
- Anyone over the age of 12 must be fully vaccinated (or have a valid medical exemption) and must present their NL VaxPass upon entering the church.
If you are unable to join us in person, please continue to join us on-line on our Facebook page at Parish of the Ascension. The service will be recorded and you will be able to view it at a later time on our Facebook page or our YouTube channel. We will continue to keep you apprised of any changes as they occur.
- Community Take-out Supper for Those in Need: This is a hot, free take-out meal for those in need. Meal will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive on Wednesday, March 9. If you know someone who could use a hot meal, please pick one up for them. Covid-19 protocols will be observed. Meals will be available from 5-6:30 pm.
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox will be monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected] (password: church). Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church office number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
Just a reminder to include your name, envelope number and amount of the giving on the envelope when you submit your donation. This will ensure you receive credit on your yearly tax receipts. We sincerely thank you!
- A donation was made to the Giving Thanks Fund in memory of Betty Thistle from Ros Pratt.
- A donation was made to the Giving Thanks Fund in memory of Madeline Bannister from Chesley Welcher
- Services During the Week:
- Stations of the Cross; March 9, 2022, 11:00 am
- Service of Compline; March 9, 2022, 8:00 pm, On-line Service
- Lent II; March 13, 2022, 11:00am, Holy Eucharist/BAS
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources