Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Lent lll: Today we welcome The Very Reverend William Bellamy as our guest preacher. Our word for today is Repentance.
- Lent in a Bag: Please remember to recycle the paper bags included in your ‘Lent in a Bag’ packages, as well as any other recyclable materials. Also, please keep your Lent 2022 booklet as a handy references for Lenten activities.
Covid 19 Guidelines for In-Person Worship: As the Provincial chief medical officer of health stated, “the Pandemic is by no means over. Covid 19 is present and spreading within our communities and this has to remain foremost in our minds as we move forward. As a church, we still have a responsibility to maintain and provide safe gatherings. Mask use, while gathered, is strongly recommended primarily when close contact with others will occur. Frequent hand sanitization should be practiced, especially when handling common items or when physical contact occurs between people.” This information was taken from the Covid 19 update from the Diocese on March 14, 2022.
As a parish, we will be strongly recommending the following:
- Masks must be worn when entering and leaving the building;
- Masks may be removed when seated – but it is highly recommended that the masks remain in place;
- Masks must remain on while singing or while moving around the church. Choir members will wear masks while singing.
- There will be two stations at the altar rail (standing only) for communion bread (no common cup);
- one station will be on the Lectern side and bread will distributed with tweezers,
- the other station will be on the Pulpit side and the bread will be distributed with a gloved hand.
You may choose from which side you would like to receive.
- If you are unable to proceed to the altar rail, the clergy will bring communion to you.
- The collection will remain as is – you may leave your offering in the plate as you enter the church.
- Please sanitize your hands upon entering and exiting the building, as well as before and after receiving communion.
- All cleaning will be maintained for the foreseeable future.
As the Bishop stated in his letter “may we continue to respect and follow the advice from health professionals … and may we also respect one another in our individual choices regarding Covid 19 as members of God’s family”.
- Covid Teams: In keeping with the lifting of the Provincial state of emergency, our Covid Teams will revert back to Sidespersons’ teams.
AGM Information: Our Annual General Meeting will be held in the church on Sunday, March 27 at 2 p.m. If you are unable to attend in person, this year we will be offering virtual attendance via Zoom. Listed here is some important information regarding attendance:
- To register, you must email ([email protected]) or call the church office (368-5693).
- You must register by Thursday, March 24. Office hours are 9 – 1 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- Once you have registered, we will provide the Zoom link so you may attend virtually.
- You will be able to ask questions or provide comments during the Zoom meeting.
- The meeting is for members of the parish only so we request that you do not share the link with anyone else. We will provide the link to all who register.
- If you are unfamiliar with using Zoom and you would like to do a test someday before the annual meeting, let us know when you are registering and Wayne Courage will be in touch with you.
- CNIB Outreach: Time is running out to bring in your items for the CNIB as part of our Lenten Outreach. On Sunday, April 3, we will have a representative here from CNIB to collect the donated items. If you are able to donate, a complete list of requested items can be found in your Lent 2022 booklet. Donations can be placed in the tent at the front of the church. We will accept donations up to and including Sunday, April 3. Thank you.
- AGM: The Annual General Meeting will be held on Sunday, March 27 at 2 p.m. in the church. Copies of the Annual General Report will be available after church on Sunday, March 20, or from the office Monday to Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. to noon.
- Stations of the Cross: Wednesdays in Lent, Canon Lynn will host the Stations of the Cross at 11 a.m. Canon Lynn will proceed through the stations and you are invited to follow along from your pew. The dates for the Stations of the Cross are: March 23, 30 and April 6.
Phones in Church: Please remember to turn your phone off or put it on silent when attending services. Thanks very much for your cooperation.
- Community Take-out Supper for Those in Need: This is a hot, free take-out meal for those in need. Meal will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive on Wednesday, March 23. If you know someone who could use a hot meal, please pick one up for them. Covid-19 protocols will be observed. Meals will be available from 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- CLB Lunch Take-Out: Each week the CLB offers take out lunch specials on Friday. If you are interested in purchasing for your home or office group, please call 722-1737 to pre-order. Orders must be received by Thursday at 11 a.m. Free delivery for orders of five or more dinners.
- Services During the Week:
- Stations of the Cross; March 23, 2022, 11:00 am
- Service of Compline; March 23, 2022, 8:00 pm, On-line Service
- Lent IIV; March 27, 2022, 11:00am, Holy Eucharist/BAS
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources