Lent IV (Mothering Sunday)
Lections: Joshua 5:9-12; Psalm 32 (Refrain: You surround me with shouts of deliverance, O Lord);Corinthians 5:16-21; Luke 15:1-3; 11b-32
11:00am: Holy Eucharist/BAS, Officiant: Rev. Canon Lynn Courage, Homilist: The Venerable Charlene Taylor
Readers: Vickie Larkin; Nickie Butler
Hymns:429 vs. 1, 4, 5; 611 All Verses; 525 vs. 1, 3, 5; 609 All Verses; 486 All Verses
Choir Anthem: It is Well with my Soul (words on the back of the Order of Service)
Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Lent lV: Today we welcome The Venerable Charlene Taylor as our guest preacher. Our word for today is Reunion
- COVID-19 Guidelines for In-Person Worship: As the Provincial chief medical officer of health stated, “the Pandemic is by no means over. Covid 19 is present and spreading within our communities and this has to remain foremost in our minds as we move forward. As a church, we still have a responsibility to maintain and provide safe gatherings. Mask use, while gathered, is strongly recommended, primarily when close contact with others will occur. Frequent hand sanitization should be practiced, especially when handling common items or when physical contact occurs between people.” This information was taken from the Covid 19 update from the Diocese on March 14, 2022.
As a parish, we will be strongly recommending the following:
- Masks must be worn when entering and leaving the building;
- Masks may be removed when seated – but it is highly recommended that the masks remain in place;
- Masks must remain on while singing or while moving around the church. Choir members will wear masks while singing.
- There will be two stations at the altar rail (standing only) for communion bread (no common cup);
- one station will be on the Lectern side and bread will be distributed with tweezers,
- the other station will be on the Pulpit side and the bread will be distributed with a gloved hand.
You may choose from which side you would like to receive.
- If you are unable to proceed to the altar rail, the clergy will bring communion to you.
- The collection will remain as is – you may leave your offering in the plate as you enter the church.
- Please sanitize your hands upon entering and exiting the building, as well as before and after receiving communion.
- All cleaning will be maintained for the foreseeable future.
As the Bishop stated in his letter “may we continue to respect and follow the advice from health professionals … and may we also respect one another in our individual choices regarding Covid 19 as members of God’s family”.
- CNIB Outreach: One more week to bring in your items for our Lenten project with the CNIB. Next Sunday, April 3, Amanda Halliday from CNIB will join us to collect the donated items. If you are able to donate items, a complete list can be found in your Lent 2022 booklet. We will accept items up to that time. Thank you.
- Altar Guild: We need some new members; any member of the congregation is eligible to participate in this important ministry. Teams are scheduled for one week at a time and duties include setting up for Sunday, or other services, and then cleaning the vessels and linens after the service. The brass rails and plates also need occasional polishing. We currently have four teams so the schedule is about once a month per team; however we have some members retiring soon and several of our teams are short members. Training will be provided. If you would like some more information, or are ready to sign up, please contact Jessie Green at 364-1559.
- Sidepersons Team Members Needed: We need new/returning members for our Sidespersons Teams. If you were previously a sidesperson, or you are interested in joining this ministry, please contact any member of the team or email the office at [email protected].
- Community Take-out Supper for Those in Need: This is a hot, free take-out meal for those in need. Meal will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive on Wednesday, April 6. If you know someone who could use a hot meal, please pick one up for them. Covid-19 protocols will be observed. Meals will be available from 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- CLB Lunch Take-Out: Each week the CLB offers take out lunch specials on Friday. If you are interested in purchasing for your home or office group, please call 722-1737 to pre-order. Orders must be received by Thursday at 11 a.m. Free delivery for orders of five or more dinners.
- Phones in Church: Please remember to turn your phone off or put it on silent when attending services. Thanks very much for your cooperation.
Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox will be monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected] (password: church). Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church office number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
Just a reminder to include your name, envelope number and amount of the giving on the envelope when you submit your donation. This will ensure you receive credit on your yearly tax receipts. We sincerely thank you!
- Services During the Week:
- Stations of the Cross; March 30, 2022, 11:00 am
- Service of Compline; March 30, 2022, 8:00 pm, On-line Service
- Lent V; Passion Sunday April 3, 2022, 11:00am, Holy Eucharist/BAS
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources