Lent V (Passion Sunday)
Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Lent V: Today we welcome Reverend Robert Cooke as our guest preacher. Our word for today is Relationships.
- Holy Week/Easter Services:
- Palm Sunday, April 10 BAS/HE 11 a.m. & Easter Garden
- Maundy Thursday, April 14 BAS/HE at 7 p.m.
- Good Friday, April 15 Celebration of the Lord’s Passion at 12 noon
- Easter Vigil, April 16 BAS/HE and Reaffirmation of Baptismal Vows at 7:00 p.m. Reverend Mark Nichols (Guest Preacher)
- Easter Day, April 17 BAS/HE at 11 a.m.
- Easter ll, April 24 BCP Holy Communion at 11 a.m.
- CNIB Outreach: Today we welcome Amanda Halliday from CNIB who will collect the items donated by our parish. Thank you to all who so generously participated in our Lenten outreach project.
- Altar Guild: We need new members; any member of the congregation is eligible to participate in this important ministry. Teams are scheduled for one week at a time and duties include setting up for Sunday, or other services, and then cleaning the vessels and linens after the service. The brass rails and plates also need occasional polishing. We currently have four teams, so the schedule is about once a month per team. Training will be provided. If you would like some more information, or are ready to sign up, please contact Jessie Green at 364-1559
- Community Take-out Supper for Those in Need: This is a hot, free, take-out meal for those in need. Meal will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive on Wednesday, April 6. If you know someone who could use a hot meal, please pick one up for them. Covid-19 protocols will be observed. Meals will be available from 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- CLB Lunch Take-Out: Each week the CLB offers take out lunch specials on Friday. If you are interested in purchasing for your home or office group, please call 722-1737 to pre-order. Orders must be received by Thursday at 11 a.m. Free delivery for orders of five or more dinners.
Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox will be monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected] (password: church). Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church office number is 368-5693 or email [email protected]
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
- Phones in Church: Please remember to turn your phone off or put it on silent when attending services. Thanks very much for your cooperation.
- A donation was made to the Giving Thanks fund from Mark Leyte in memory of Phyllis on their 65th wedding anniversary.
- A donation was made to the Giving Thanks fund from Gordon Slade in memory of deceased loved ones.
Services During the Week:
- Stations of the Cross; April 6, 2022, 11:00 am
- Service of Compline; April 6, 2022, 8:00 pm, On-line Service
- Palm Sunday April 10, 2022, 11:00am, Holy Eucharist/BAS
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources