Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
Maundy Thursday Hand/Foot Washing: As part of our Maundy Thursday service we will once again have hand/foot servant washing. This year, we will use the following procedure to ensure everyone’s safety:
- Hand washing: You are asked to hold both hands over the basin, Reverend Green will pour water over your hands and offer a blessing. There will be disposable cloths for you to dry your own hands.
- Foot washing: Please sit in an available chair in the Chancel, Canon Lynn will pour water over one foot and offer a blessing. Disposable towels will be available for you to dry your own foot.
There will be no immersion of your hand(s) or foot in the basin(s).
- Office Help Needed: Now that we are returning to some semblance of normal, we are compiling a list of people who would be interested in providing relief in the event that our office administrator is absent. You would be in the office on any given day, Monday to Friday, from 9 – 12. If you are able to help with this ministry, please contact the office at [email protected] or call 368-5693. We appreciate your help in this matter.
- Counting Teams: Counting teams are now in place. The schedules have been distributed for each Sunday. If you have not received a copy of the schedule, please contact your team captain or call the church office. Please ensure you refer to your schedule so you will know when you are on duty. Thank you to all who signed up.
- Stations of the Cross and On-line Compline: Canon Lynn would like to express her thanks and appreciation for all who joined in these Lenten journey activities.
- Thank you from CNIB: The following message is from Amanda Halliday of the CNIB “I just wanted to send along another message to thank you and your congregation for the amazing, generous donation yesterday! Our CNIB staff was THRILLED this morning to see all those goodies for camp and PREP in my office! It was an honour to be welcomed into your church yesterday – the service was lovely. I quite enjoyed the sermon by Reverend Cook. Thank you again and I’ll be sure to send along some pictures after both of these programs are done this summer! Thanks so much for everything!”
- Home Again Furniture’s Heads Without Beds Campaign: Heads Without Beds is our annual campaign to raise awareness and funds so Home Again can continue to deliver beds and other essential furniture, for free, to people throughout our region. Last year, our participants raised over $47,000 and resulted in our most impactful year yet with 430+ households furnished and 358 beds delivered. AMAZING! This year, we aim to raise $75,000. You can help by registering to participate: headswithoutbeds.ca Our Heads Without Beds campaign runs from April 4 - 29. On April 29, my family and I will sleep without our beds to raise awareness and funds to end furniture poverty. Will you join us from your own floor? By giving up your bed for just one night, you’re helping to ensure others won’t have to do without a bed for night after night. Registration is now open. Register yourself/your family, or a team, to help provide the comfort and dignity of a bed to our neighbours: headswithoutbeds.ca This year we’ve made it easier than ever: when you register, you’ll have access to fundraising tips, sample emails and social media messages, as well as the option to personalize your own fundraising page! All registrants will receive weekly emails with sample messages you can share with your networks.
- Office Closure: The church office will be closed on Friday, April 15, and Monday, April 18. In the event of a pastoral emergency, please contact Reverend Canon Lynn Courage at 682-8500. Thank you.
- Altar Guild: If you would like to become a member of the Altar Guild, please contact Jessie Green at 364-1559.
- Community Take-out Supper for Those in Need: This is a hot, free take-out meal for those in need. Meal will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive on Wednesday, April 20. If you know someone who could use a hot meal, please pick one up for them. Covid-19 protocols will be observed. Meals will be available from 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- A donation was made to the Giving Thanks Fund from Richard Hewitt in memory of: Dallas Hewitt; Reuben and Meta Hewitt; Emerson and Daisy LeDrew; Departed Loved Ones.
- A donation was made to the Giving Thanks Fund from Phyllis Weir in memory of Herbie and Marguerite Weir.
- A donation was made to the Giving Thanks Fund from Alma Reid and Muriel Keating in memory of John Legge.
A donation was made to the Giving Thanks Fund from Sylvia and Tasker King in memory of John Legge.
- Services During the Week:
- Maundy Thursday, April 14, 2022, 7 pm, Holy Eucharist/BAS, Servant Washing
- Good Friday, April 15, 2022, 12 noon, Celebration of the Lord's Passion
- Easter Vigil, April 16, 2022, 7 pm, Holy Eucharist/BAS, Reaffirmation of Baptismal Vows
- Easter Day, April 17, 2022, 11 am, Holy Eucharist/BAS
- Easter II, April 24, 2022, 11am, Holy Eucharist/BCP
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources