Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Bishop’s Easter Letter: There is a copy of the Bishop’s Easter letter available at the entrance of the church if you would like a copy. You can pick one up after the service.
- Summer Readers: We are looking for readers for the services in June, July, and August. If you are able to volunteer to read at a particular service, please sign your name to the sign-up sheet at the entrance of the church. You may also call the office at 368-5693 (please leave a message if there is no answer), or you may email [email protected]. Thank you.
- Office Help Needed: Now that we are returning to some semblance of normal, we are compiling a list of people who would be interested in providing relief in the event that our office administrator is absent. You would be in the office on any given day, Monday to Friday, from 9 – 12. If you are able to help with this ministry, please contact the office at [email protected] or call 368-5693. We appreciate your help in this matter.
- Counting Teams: Counting teams are now in place. The schedules have been distributed for each Sunday. If you have not received a copy of the schedule, please contact your team captain or call the church office. Please ensure you refer to your schedule so you will know when you are on duty. The counting team on duty for April 17 is Team 4: Andrew Woodman; Hilda Murray, Tom Nash, and Randy Spurrell.
- Office Closure: The church office will be closed on Friday, April 15, and Monday, April 18. In the event of a pastoral emergency, please contact Reverend Canon Lynn Courage at 682-8500. Thank you.
- Altar Guild: If you would like to become a member of the Altar Guild, please contact Jessie Green at 364-1559.
- Community Take-out Supper for Those in Need: This is a hot, free take-out meal for those in need. Meal will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive on Wednesday, April 20. If you know someone who could use a hot meal, please pick one up for them. Covid-19 protocols will be observed. Meals will be available from 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- Home Again Furniture’s Heads Without Beds Campaign: Our Heads Without Beds campaign runs from April 4 - 29. By giving up your bed for just one night, you’re helping to ensure others won’t have to do without a bed for night after night. Registration is now open. You can help by registering to participate: www.headswithoutbeds.ca. This year we’ve made it easier than ever: when you register, you’ll have access to fundraising tips, sample emails, and social media messages, as well as the option to personalize your own fundraising page! All registrants will receive weekly emails with sample messages you can share with your networks.
- Phones in Church: Please remember to turn your phone off or put it on silent when attending services. Thanks very much for your cooperation.
Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox will be monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected] (password: church). Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church office number is 368-5693 or email [email protected]
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
- A donation was made to the Giving Thanks Fund in memory of Rod Mole from Ros Mole.
- A donation was made to the Giving Thanks Fund in memory of Gary R. Earle from Elizabeth and Family.
- A donation was made to the Giving Thanks Fund in memory Audrey and Jack Gulliver from Sister Sadie and family.
- Services During the Week:
- Easter II, April 24, 2022, 11am, Holy Eucharist/BCP
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources