Lections: Acts 5:27-32l; Psalm 150; Revelation 1:4-8; John 20:19-31
11:00am: Holy Eucharist/BCP, Officiant/Homilist: Rev. Canon Lynn Courage
Readers: Dana Dawe, Edward Somerton
Hymns: 216 vs. 1, 3, 5; 228 vs. 1, 5, 6, 7, 9; 210 All Verses; 224 All Verses; 220 All Verses
Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Summer Readers: We are looking for readers for the services in June, July, and August. If you are able to volunteer to read at a particular service, please sign your name to the sign-up sheet at the entrance of the church. You may also call the office at 368-5693 (please leave a message if there is no answer), or you may email [email protected]. Thank you.
- Thank You: We would like to express our thanks to the following people for their assistance during Holy Week and Easter:
- Guest Preachers;
- Tom and Jean Nash for preparing and maintaining the Easter Garden;
- Senior Choir Members and Soloists;
- Altar Guild Members;
- Sidespersons’ Teams;
- Eucharistic Assistants;
- Audio Visual Team.
- Office Help Needed: We continue to compile a list of people who are interested in providing relief in the event that our office administrator is absent. Up to this point, we have only had two responses. If you are able to help with this ministry, please contact the office at [email protected] or call 368-5693. We appreciate your help in this matter.
- Counting Teams: Counting teams are now in place. The schedules have been distributed for each Sunday. If you have not received a copy of the schedule, please contact your team captain or call the church office. Please ensure you refer to your schedule so you will know when you are on duty. The counting team on duty for April 24 is Team 5: Harvey Hunt; Jean Nash, Ed Somerton and Ches Welcher.
- Washroom Facilities: For those who may be new to our church, washroom facilities are available on this floor as well as in our Auditorium downstairs. If you need direction or assistance, please ask one of the Sidespersons’ on duty.
- Office Closure: The church office will be closed on Monday, April 25. In the event of a pastoral emergency, please contact Reverend Canon Lynn Courage at 682-8500. Thank you.
Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox will be monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected] (password: church). Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church office number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
Just a reminder to include your name, envelope number and amount of the giving on the envelope when you submit your donation. This will ensure you receive credit on your yearly tax receipts. We sincerely thank you!
- Support Team Anglican East NL – Heads without Beds: Heads Without Beds is an annual campaign to raise awareness and funds so Home Again Furniture Bank Inc. can continue to deliver beds and other essential furniture, for free, to people throughout our region. Our Diocese has entered Team Anglican East NL and we need your help to raise funds. Our Team includes Bishop Sam, Archdeacon Charlene, and other Diocesan clergy. On April 29, members of the Diocesan Team will give up their beds and sleep on the floor. You can donate to the team by visiting headswithoutbeds.ca and clicking donate now and search for Team Anglican East NL or by cheque. Please make cheques payable to Home Again Furniture Bank. Thank you for your support.
- Phones in Church: Please remember to turn your phone off or put it on silent when attending services. Thanks very much for your cooperation.
- Community Take-out Supper for Those in Need: This is a hot, free take-out meal for those in need. Meal will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive on Wednesday, May 4. If you know someone who could use a hot meal, please pick one up for them. Covid-19 protocols will be observed. Meals will be available from 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- A donation was made to the Giving Thanks Fund in memory of Chesley and Tryphena Barnes, Donald and Doris Barnes, Aaron and Eleanor Hallett and James Hallett from Peter and Millie Barnes.
- A donation was made to the Giving Thanks Fund in celebration of the birth of great grand-daughter Krislyne from Stewart and Cindy Button.
- A donation was made to the Giving Thanks Fund in memory of William and Vivian Pope and other family members from family member.
- A donation was made to the Giving Thanks Fund in memory of Audrey and Jack Gulliver from Sadie and Family.
- A donation was made to the Giving Thanks Fund in memory of Simeon Wentzel from Maxine and family.
- Services During the Week:
- Easter III, May 1, 2022, 11am, Holy Eucharist/BAS
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources