Lections:Acts 9:1-6 (7-20); Psalm 30 (Refrain: You have brought me up, O Lord, from the dead.); Revelation 5:11-14; John 21:1-19
11:00am: Holy Eucharist/BAS, Officiant/Homilist: Rev. Canon Lynn Courage
Readers: Fronie Squibb, Mildred Pretty
Hymns: 508 vs 1 & 3, 283 vs 1, 2g & 3, 430, 59, 217 vs 1,5, & 6
Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Spring Clean-Up: It’s the time of year for grounds, gardens, and flowerpot cleanup. On Wednesday, May 25, from 2 – 4 p.m. and 7 – 9 p.m., we will have our annual spring clean-up. If you are interested in joining us, please feel free to come along. If you have any of the following equipment, please bring it along: wheel barrel, deck broom, shovel, and any other equipment you may have. Thank you!
- Summer Student Position Available: We are accepting applications for a temporary office administrator position in the church office for the summer months. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and references to the church office via email at [email protected] or you may drop it in to the office Monday to Friday, 9 – 12 noon. The deadline for applications in May 15, 2022. Thank you.
- Summer Readers: We are still looking for readers for the services in June, July, and August. If you are able to volunteer to read at a particular service, please sign your name to the sign-up sheet at the entrance of the church. You may also call the office at 368-5693 (please leave a message if there is no answer), or you may email [email protected]. Thank you.
- Office Help Needed: We continue to compile a list of people who are interested in providing relief in the event that our office administrator is absent. If you are able to help with this ministry, please contact the office at [email protected] or call 368-5693. We appreciate your help in this matter.
- Counting Teams: Counting teams are now in place. The schedules have been distributed for each Sunday. If you have not received a copy of the schedule, please contact your team captain or call the church office. Please ensure you refer to your schedule so you will know when you are on duty. The counting team on duty for May 1 is Team 6 – Fronie Squibb, Kim Pike, Lester Pike, and Earle Hoyles.
- Washroom Facilities: For those who may be new to our church, washroom facilities are available on this floor as well as in our Auditorium downstairs. If you need direction or assistance, please ask one of the Sidespersons on duty.
- Food Bank: We are accepting items for the local food bank. When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you.
- Community Take-out Supper for Those in Need: This is a hot, free take-out meal for those in need. Meal will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive on Wednesday, May 4. If you know someone who could use a hot meal, please pick one up for them. Covid-19 protocols will be observed. Meals will be available from 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- Café of Memories: The Alzheimer’s Society, in partnership with Lodge Westmoorland, is hosting a Café of Memories, an afternoon of entertainment and refreshments for those with dementia and their caregivers. The event will take place at Freemason’s Hall, 115 Mt. Carson Ave, Mount Pearl on Wednesday, May 4, and Tuesday, June 7, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. On May 4, Ref. M.J. and The Masons will provide entertainment and on June 7, The Sweet Forget Me Nots will provide entertainment. Registration is required due to limited space. Please register by calling the Alzheimer Society at (709) 576-0608 or e-mail [email protected], All events are free of charge!
- Phones in Church: Please remember to turn your phone off or put it on silent when attending services. Thanks very much for your cooperation.
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox will be monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected] (password: church). Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church office number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
Just a reminder to include your name, envelope number, and amount of the giving on the envelope when you submit your donation. This will ensure you receive credit on your yearly tax receipts. We sincerely thank you!
- Services During the Week:
- Good Shepherd Sunday, Mother's Day, Easter IV, May 8, 2022, 11am, Holy Eucharist/Welsh
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources