Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- The Way Forward: On May 14 from 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., there will be a meeting with clergy and parish representatives regarding The Way Forward. We are looking for one parishioner to attend the meeting as a parish representative. If you are interested in attending this meeting, please contact the office at 368-5693. Thank you.
- Spring Clean-Up: It’s the time of year for grounds, gardens, and flowerpot cleanup. On Wednesday, May 25, from 2 – 4 p.m. and 7 – 9 p.m., we will have our annual spring clean-up. If you are interested in joining us, please feel free to come along. If you have any of the following items, please bring them along: wheelbarrow, deck broom, shovel, and any other equipment you may need. Thank you!
- Memorial Gospel/Hymn Sing: Once again this year we will host a Memorial Gospel/Hymn Sing to be held on Sunday, July 3, 2022 at 6:30 p.m. from the steps of the church and parking lot. We invite you to join us and, if you would like to donate in memorial or thanksgiving, please complete the form in the Chimes and return by June 19. You are invited to bring along a chair if you would like to sit outside of your vehicle.
- Home Again Furniture Bank: Congratulations to Home Again Furniture Bank’s successful Heads Without Beds campaign. This year they raised over $46,000! Thank you to all who participated or donated to this worthy cause.
- Summer Readers: We continue to look for readers for some services in July, and August. If you are able to volunteer to read at a particular service, please sign your name to the sign-up sheet at the entrance of the church. You may also call the office at 368-5693 (please leave a message if there is no answer), or you may email [email protected]. Thank you.
Food Bank: We are accepting items for the local food bank. When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you.
- Phones in Church: Please remember to turn your phone off or put it on silent when attending services. Thanks very much for your cooperation.
- Community Take-out Supper for Those in Need: This is a hot, free take-out meal for those in need. Meal will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive on Wednesday, May 18. If you know someone who could use a hot meal, please pick one up for them. Covid-19 protocols will be observed. Meals will be available from 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- CLB Take Out Lunch: Every Friday, the CLB offers take out lunch specials. If you are interested in purchasing a lunch for your home or office group, please call 722-1737 to pre-order. Orders must be received by Thursday at 11 a.m.
- Key Messages from Vestry:
- The office computers and an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) have recently been upgraded and two older pieces of equipment have been safely recycled or repurposed.
- Regular data backups are being performed and the data is secured in the event of a hardware failure.
- All network and computer equipment has been fully inventoried and a plan has been developed to guide Vestry with future computer upgrades.
Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox will be monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected] (password: church). Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church office number is 368-5693 or email [email protected]
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
Just a reminder to include your name, envelope number, and amount of the giving on the envelope when you submit your donation. This will ensure you receive credit on your yearly tax receipts. We sincerely thank you!
- Services During the Week:
- Easter V, May 15, 2022, 11am, Holy Eucharist/BCP
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources