Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Spring Clean-Up: It’s the time of year for grounds, gardens, and flowerpot cleanup. On Wednesday, May 25, from 2 – 4 p.m. and 7 – 9 p.m., we will have our annual spring clean-up. All are welcome to join us. If you have any of the following items, please bring them along: wheelbarrow, deck broom, shovel, and any other equipment you may have. Also, we are looking for donations of topsoil or potting soil to revive the flower beds by the flag pole. If you have any to donate, please bring it to the church Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12 noon prior to, or on, May 25. Thank you.
- Memorial Gospel/Hymn Sing: Once again this year we will have a Memorial Gospel/Hymn Sing, to be held on Sunday, July 10, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. from the steps of the church and parking lot. (In the event of inclement weather, we will hold the Hymn Sing in the church.) We invite you to join us and, if you would like to donate in memorial or thanksgiving, please complete the form in the Chimes (or on line) and return by June 19. You are invited to bring along a chair if you would like to sit outside of your vehicle. PLEASE NOTE THE REVISED DATE.
- Summer Readers: We are looking for readers during the 11 a.m. service for the following three dates:
- July 31
- September 4
- September 11
If you are available to read on either of these dates, please sign the sheet at the entrance of the church or call the office at 368-5693. Thank you.
- Washroom Facilities: For those who may be new to our church, washroom facilities are available on this floor, as well as in our auditorium downstairs. If you need direction or assistance, please ask one of the Sidespersons on duty.
- Thank You: A warm thank you to the Anglican Diocese of Eastern NL, to the local (and distant) parishes, parish priests, and congregations for participating in and supporting Home Again Furniture Bank’s annual Heads Without Beds campaign. Congratulations to Anglican East NL as coming in as the TOP fundraising team, raising $7500+! Thanks to your support, funds were raised to deliver beds, sofas, tables, and other furniture to our neighbours throughout the region. Thank you for helping to change lives. homeagainfb.ca
- Food Bank: We are accepting items for the local food bank. When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you.
- Community Take-out Supper for Those in Need: This is a hot, free take-out meal for those in need. Meal will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive on Wednesday, May 18. If you know someone who could use a hot meal, please pick one up for them. Covid-19 protocols will be observed. Meals will be available from 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- CLB Take Out Lunch: Every Friday, the CLB offers take out lunch specials. If you are interested in purchasing a lunch for your home or office group, please call 722-1737 to pre-order. Orders must be received by Thursday at 11 a.m.
- The Parish of St. Lawrence, Portugal Cove Gospel Concert: The Parish of St. Lawrence, Portugal Cove, is hosting a Gospel Concert featuring Jacob's Passage on May 15 at 7:00 p.m. Cost is $10.00 per person, with refreshments served at the intermission. (no extra cost for refreshments!!). Please come and bring a friend!!
- Phones in Church: Please remember to turn your phone off or put it on silent when attending services. Thanks very much for your cooperation.
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox will be monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected] (password: church). Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church office number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
Just a reminder to include your name, envelope number, and amount of the giving on the envelope when you submit your donation. This will ensure you receive credit on your yearly tax receipts. We sincerely thank you!
- Donations: A donation was made in memory of May Oldford from Lindberg Oldford.
- Services During the Week:
- Easter VI, May 22, 2022, 11am, Family Service
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources