Ascension Day/Jerusalem Sunday
Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Summer Student Position: We have extended the deadline for applications for our Summer Student Position. The deadline to accept resumes is now Friday, June 3, 2022. This position is open to all interested parties. Please send a resume via email to [email protected] or drop one in to the church office. Thank you.
- Memorial Gospel/Hymn Sing: Once again this year we will host a Memorial Gospel/Hymn Sing to be held on Sunday, July 10, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. from the steps of the church and parking lot. We invite you to join us and, if you would like to donate in memorial or thanksgiving, please complete the form in the Chimes and return by June 19. You are invited to bring along a chair if you would like to sit outside of your vehicle. PLEASE NOTE THE REVISED DATE.
- Spring Clean-Up: Thank you to all who participated in our Spring Clean Up. You help was greatly appreciated!
- Flower Services:
- Kenmount Road Cemetery Service will take place on Wednesday, July 13, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. In the event of inclement weather, the service will be moved to Thursday evening at 7 p.m. If Thursday evening is inclement, this service will be moved to the Cathedral at 7:45 on Thursday.
- Forest Road Cemetery will take place on Wednesday, July 20, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. In the event of inclement weather, the service will be moved to Thursday evening at 7 p.m. If Thursday evening is inclement, this service will be moved to the St. Augustine’s church at 7:45 on Thursday.
Confirmation will be broadcast on VOWR in the early afternoon.
- Food Bank: This year, our summer outreach project will be to help feed the hungry. We are accepting items for the local food bank. When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you.
- The Church of the Good Shepherd Take-Out Ham Dinner: Church of the Good Shepherd will be holding a Take-Out Ham Dinner on Tuesday, May 31. Dinner includes baked ham, hash brown casserole, vegetables, and dessert at a cost of $15.00. Tickets are available from the church office between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday or by calling 747-1022 or by calling:
- Myrtle at 770-2451
- Clayton at 697-2696
- Ruby at 689-7413 or
- Linda at 727-3199
Dinners can be picked up between 4:30 and 6 p.m. on May 31. Payment via EMT is available and cash / cheque payment will be accepted at the church office. If you choose EMT payment, kindly indicate in the comments of your transfer that it is for the Ham Dinner. We thank you for your continued support.
- Community Take-out Supper for Those in Need: This is a hot, free take-out meal for those in need. Meal will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive on Wednesday, June 1. If you know someone who could use a hot meal, please pick one up for them. Covid-19 protocols will be observed. Meals will be available from 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- On-Line Auction: St. Lawrence Parish, Portugal Cove, is holding an Online Auction for a brand new 18 ft dory, painted, complete with oars and skid plates, valued at $1,500.00. For more info, or to place your bid, visit St. Lawrence Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/1162908367840489. Bidding finishes June 18.
- Phones in Church: Please remember to turn your phone off or put it on silent when attending services. Thanks very much for your cooperation.
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox will be monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected] (password: church). Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church office number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
Just a reminder to include your name, envelope number, and amount of the giving on the envelope when you submit your donation. This will ensure you receive credit on your yearly tax receipts. We sincerely thank you!
- Services During the Week:
- Pentecost, June 5, 2022, 11am, Holy Eucharist/BAS
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources