Lections: Genesis 11:1-9; Psalm 104:25-35,37b (page 844); Acts 2:1-21; John 14:8-17
11:00am: Holy Eucharist/BAS, Officiant/Homilist: Rev. Canon Lynn Courage
Readers: Robert Nurse, Chesley Welcher
Hymns: 505 vs. 1, 2, 4, 249 All Verses, 645 All Verses, 649 All Verses, 380 vs. 1, 2, 4, 6
Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Memorial Gospel/Hymn Sing: Once again this year we will host a Memorial Gospel/Hymn Sing to be held on Sunday, July 10, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. from the steps of the church and parking lot. We invite you to join us and, if you would like to donate in memorial or thanksgiving, please complete the form in the Chimes and return by June 19. You are invited to bring along a chair if you would like to sit outside of your vehicle.
- New Website for Anglican Life: The new website for Anglican Life is anglicanlife.ca.
- Thank You: A big thank you to all who participated in our in-door clean up yesterday. With your help, our downstairs rooms are much neater! You help was greatly appreciated!
- Flower Services:
- Kenmount Road Cemetery Service will take place on Wednesday, July 13, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. In the event of inclement weather, the service will be moved to Thursday evening at 7 p.m. If Thursday evening is inclement, this service will be moved to the Cathedral at 7:45 on Thursday.
- Forest Road Cemetery will take place on Wednesday, July 20, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. In the event of inclement weather, the service will be moved to Thursday evening at 7 p.m. If Thursday evening is inclement, this service will be moved to the St. Augustine’s church at 7:45 on Thursday.
- Confirmation will be broadcast on VOWR in the early afternoon.
- Washroom Facilities: For those who may be new to our church, washroom facilities are available on this floor as well as in our Auditorium downstairs. If you need direction or assistance, please ask one of the Sidespersons on duty.
- Food Bank: This year, our summer outreach project will be to help feed the hungry. We are accepting items for the local food bank. When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance
- Community Take-out Supper for Those in Need: This is a hot, free take-out meal for those in need. Meal will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive on Wednesday, June 15. If you know someone who could use a hot meal, please pick one up for them. Covid-19 protocols will be observed. Meals will be available from 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- Phones in Church: Please remember to turn your phone off or put it on silent when attending services. Thanks very much for your cooperation.
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox will be monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected] (password: church). Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church office number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
Just a reminder to include your name, envelope number and amount of the giving on the envelope when you submit your donation. This will ensure you receive credit on your yearly tax receipts. We sincerely thank you!
- Services During the Week:
- Trinity Sunday, June 12, 2022, 11am, Holy Eucharist/BAS
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources