Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Welcome Back Sunday: Sunday, September 25, is our Welcome Back Sunday. We invite all parishioners and visitors to attend. There will be a time of fellowship and ministry in the Auditorium immediately following the service where refreshments and a BBQ lunch will be served.
The service is Family Service. At this time, we will give thanks and recognize the many groups and organizations at our Parish. We hope to see you there!
- The Old Country Church Gospel Show: On Sunday, October 2, at 7:00 p.m., we are hosting a Gospel Concert with the group Ladylike, featuring Carole Bestvater, Terri Lynn Eddy and Karla Pilgram. Special guest appearances by Darren Martin and the Parish of the Ascension Choir. Tickets will be available for purchase after the 11 a.m. service each Sunday or you may pick them up at the church office Monday through Friday from 9:00 to noon. Tickets are $25 each. Please join us in the church for this uplifting event; proceeds will support parish ministry.
- Choir: We have resumed our choir practices each Wednesday evening at 7 p.m. If you are interested in joining this ministry, please feel free to come along. New members are always welcome!
- Reading in Church: If you are interested in reading in church as part of our regular services, please contact the office to have your name added to our list. Thank you those who have participated in our services, your commitment is greatly appreciated!
- Food Bank: We continue to accept items for the local food bank. When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you to all parishioners who contributed to the food bank during the summer months. Items were much needed and greatly appreciated!
- Counting Teams: Counting teams are in place. The schedules have been distributed for each Sunday. If you have not received a copy of the schedule, please contact your team captain or call the church office. Please ensure you refer to your schedule so you will know when you are on duty.
- Office Closure: The office will be closed on Monday, September 19 in observance of the funeral service for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth ll.
- Phones in Church: Please remember to turn your phone off or put it on silent when attending services. Thanks very much for your cooperation.
- St. Michael’s and All Angels Bible Study: St. Michael’s is offering Bible Study meetings online (via Zoom), as well as in-person. Masks will be optional at the in-person meetings. This group is open to all. If you have wondered about Bible Studies and thought about giving it a try, there's no better time to join than now. The group will meet on Tuesdays from 10:30 to 11:30. For more information, contact Father Jonathan at [email protected] or 743-2175.
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox will be monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected] (password: church). Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church office number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
Just a reminder to include your name, envelope number and amount of the giving on the envelope when you submit your donation. This will ensure you receive credit on your yearly tax receipts. We sincerely thank you!
- Services During the Week:
- September 25, 2022, Pentecost 16, Welcome Back Sunday, 11am, Family Service
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources