Welcome Back Sunday
Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Welcome Back Sunday: Today is Welcome Back Sunday. Immediately following the service, there will be a time of fellowship and ministry in the Auditorium. Refreshments and a BBQ lunch will be served. Today we give thanks and recognize the many groups and organizations at our Parish.
- Reverend Canon Lynn’s Installation: The Rt. Rev. Samuel Rose, Bishop of Eastern Newfoundland & Labrador, invites you to a Diocesan Celebration of the Holy Eucharist with the Installation of the Dean and Cathedral Chapter and Commissioning of the Bishop’s Council at the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist on Sunday, October 2, 2022, at 7:00 p.m. This service will be available via live-stream from the Cathedral’s Facebook if you are interested in viewing.
- Mask Update: Masks in church continue to be recommended however, they are not required. We respectfully request that you wear your mask while singing during the service.
- The Old Country Church Gospel Show: On Sunday, October 2, at 7:00 p.m. we are hosting a Gospel Show, featuring the group Ladylike, with special guests Darren Martin and the Parish of the Ascension Choir. Tickets will be available for purchase after the 11 a.m. service each Sunday or you may pick them up at the church office Monday to Friday from 9 to noon. Please join us in the church for this uplifting event; proceeds will support parish ministry.
- CLB: Mt. Pearl CLB Company # 4507 will be having a meet and greet for existing and potential new members on Thursday, September 29, at 6:30 p.m. in the Parish Hall. The CLB offers programs for youth ages 5 to 19. Any questions, please contact to [email protected].
- Choir: We have resumed our choir practices each Wednesday evening at 7 p.m. If you are interested in joining this ministry, please feel free to come along. New members are always welcome!
- Reading in Church: If you are interested in reading in church as part of our regular services, please contact the office to have your name added to our list. Thank you to those who have participated in our services, your commitment is greatly appreciated!
- Food Bank: We continue to accept items for the local food bank. When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you to all parishioners who contributed to the food bank during the summer months. Items were much needed and greatly appreciated!
- Counting Teams: Counting teams are in place. The schedules have been distributed for each Sunday. If you have not received a copy of the schedule, please contact your team captain or call the church office. Please ensure you refer to your schedule so you will know when you are on duty.
- Blessings of the Animals: On Sunday, October 2 at 2 p.m. at the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist, all are welcome to attend this tradition of blessing pets and animals of all types, and their owners.
- St. Michael’s and All Angels Bible Study: St. Michael’s is offering Bible Study meetings online (via Zoom), as well as in-person. Masks will be optional at the in-person meetings. This group is open to all. If you have wondered about Bible Studies and thought about giving it a try, there's no better time to join than now. The group will meet on Tuesdays from 10:30 to 11:30. For more information, contact Father Jonathan at [email protected] or 743-2175.
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox will be monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church office number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
Just a reminder to include your name, envelope number, and amount of the giving on the envelope when you submit your donation. This will ensure you receive credit on your yearly tax receipts. We sincerely thank you!
- Services During the Week:
- October 2, 2022, Pentecost 17, 11am, BAS/HE
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources