Lections:Deuteronomy 26:1-11; Psalm 100(Refrain: We Are God's People, The Sheep of His Pasture.); Philippians 4:4-9; John 6:25-35
11:00am: BAS/HE, Officiant/Homilist: Rev. Canon Lynn Courage
Readers: Bob Barnes, Edward Somerton
Hymns: 415; 259; 262; 61; 399
Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Advent Project – St. Margaret’s Boat: For this year Advent outreach for St. Margaret’s Boat we are collecting women’s items for Iris Kirby House. Iris Kirby House provides a safe and secure refuge for women with or without children who are experiencing domestic violence. The items needed are: drug store gift card, women’s slippers (all sizes), women’s pajamas (all sizes), towels, grocery gift cards, pillows, shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. The boat will be set up on November 13. Please ensure you have your items dropped off by December 11 as they will be presented at the 11 a.m. service. Thank you.
- Ascension Café is Back! We are delighted that we can resume this ministry. Please mark the following dates in your calendar and come and join us for tea, coffee, toast and other goodies:
- October 16 and October 30
- November 13 and 27
- December 18
The Café will begin at 9:30 a.m. prior to the 11 a.m. service. We are looking for donations of marmalade and jam. Looking forward to see you at the breakfast!
- Old Country Church Gospel Christmas Show: Event will take place as on Friday, December 2, featuring the musical talents of Ladylike (Karla Pilgram, Terri Lynn Eddy and Carole Bestvater), Darren Martin and members of the Ascension Choir. Any tickets purchased for the previously scheduled show will be honoured at the new date and time. If you are unable to attend on December 2 and would like a refund, please contact the church office. Further information regarding ticket sales will be available in the coming weeks. Proceeds will support parish ministry.
- Red Cross Appeal to Help Hurricane Fiona: The Canadian Red Cross is working to get help to people in and around affected areas as quickly as possible and provide humanitarian assistance for new needs as they arise. Money raised will enable the Red Cross to carry out relief, recovery, resiliency, and risk reduction activities in and beyond the region at the individual and community levels. The Canadian government is matching donations made by individuals supporting the Canadian Red Cross' Hurricane Fiona appeal. https://donate.redcross.ca/page/114083/donate/1?locale=en-CA
- Mask Update: Masks in church continue to be recommended however, they are not required. We respectfully request that you wear your mask while singing during the service.
- Food Bank: We continue to accept items for the local food bank. When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you to all parishioners who contributed to the food bank during the summer months. Items were much needed and greatly appreciated
- Topsail United Church:
- The annual Fall Flea Market will be held on Saturday, October 15, from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. Admission is $1.
- On-Line Harvest Festival Auction will take place from Tuesday, October 4, at 8 a.m. until Thursday, October 27 at 11 p.m. Please visit https://www.charityauctionstoday.com to register to bid. For more information, please contact the church office at 834-4567. Thank You!
Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox will be monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church office number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
Just a reminder to include your name, envelope number, and amount of the giving on the envelope when you submit your donation. This will ensure you receive credit on your yearly tax receipts. We sincerely thank you!
- Services During the Week:
- October 16, 2022, Pentecost 19, 11am, BCP/HE
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources