Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Fall Dinner: We are please to announce that we will resume our annual Fall Dinner on Friday, November 18 at 6:30 p.m. We will have a bake sale from 5:30 to 6:30, as well as a gift basket on tickets, and a 50/50 draw. Dinner will consist of stuffed chicken breast with all the fixings, including dessert. We can also provide a gluten free option (you must let us know when purchasing your ticket). Tickets are $25 per person and take-out orders are available. Tickets will be available after Sunday services as well as from the office Monday to Friday from 9 – 12 noon. Deadline to purchase tickets for eat in/takeout orders is Thursday, November 10.
- All Souls: Our All Souls service will be held on November 2 at 7 p.m. If you would like to have a deceased loved one’s name read aloud at this service, please print their name in the book at the main entrance of the church. Please ensure the names are printed legibly. Thank you.
- Advent Project – St. Margaret’s Boat: This year for our St. Margaret’s Boat Advent outreach project, we are collecting women’s items for Iris Kirby House. Iris Kirby House provides a safe and secure refuge for women with or without children who are experiencing domestic violence. The items needed are: drug store gift card, women’s slippers (all sizes); women’s pajamas (all sizes); towels; grocery gift cards; pillows; shampoo; conditioner, and body wash. The boat will be set up on November 13. Please ensure you have your items dropped off by December 11 as they will be presented at the 11 a.m. service. We respectfully request that you do not wrap the gifts. Thank you.
- Confirmation Registration: We will be offering a joint confirmation program between the parishes of the Ascension, Good Shepherd, St. Michael and All Angels and St. Mary's. Parish of the Ascension Confirmation registration will take place on Sunday, October 23, following the 11 a.m. Family Service. Candidates must be 11 years of age by December 31, 2022. Once we have candidates registered, a date will be set for an information session to provide details about the program, class dates and times, and expectations. This Confirmation program will begin with a joint service to be held at the Parish of the Ascension on Sunday November 20.
- Afternoon Card Game: We are having an afternoon card game on Monday, November 7, at 2 p.m. Please bring along your own cards and baskets. Tea and coffee will be provided. Cost is $6 per person. We hope to see you there!
- Ascension Café is Back! We are delighted that we can resume this ministry. Please mark the following dates in your calendar and come and join us for tea, coffee, toast, and other goodies:
- October 16 and October 30;
- November 13 and 27;
- December 18.
The Café will begin at 9:30 a.m. prior to the 11 a.m. service. We are requesting donations of marmalade and jam. Looking forward to seeing you at the breakfast!
- Country Christmas Concert: On Friday, December 2, we are having our Country Christmas Concert, featuring musical guests Ladylike (Karla Pilgrim, Terri Lynn Eddy and Carole Besvater), Darren Martin and members of the Ascension Choir. Any tickets purchased for our previously scheduled concert will be honoured at the new date and time. Further information regarding ticket sales will be available in the coming weeks.
- Thank You: A big thank you to all who donated items for our Harvest Thanksgiving service this past Sunday. Also, thank you to all who helped decorate the church. It is very much appreciated.
- Mask Update: Masks in church continue to be recommended however, they are not required. We respectfully request that you wear your mask while singing during the service.
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox will be monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church office number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
Just a reminder to include your name, envelope number, and amount of the giving on the envelope when you submit your donation. This will ensure you receive credit on your yearly tax receipts. We sincerely thank you!
- Food Bank: We continue to accept items for the local food bank. When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you to all parishioners who contributed to the food bank during the summer months. Items were much needed and greatly appreciated!
- Services During the Week:
- October 23, 2022, Pentecost 19, 11am, Family Service, WWB
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources