Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- NOTE: This Sunday, we will resume the gathering of the community in the Auditorium immediately following the Family Service. Refreshments will be served, including sandwiches, cookies, tea and coffee. All are welcome to attend.
- Mask Update: Masks in church are recommended however, they are not required. We respectfully request that you wear your mask while singing during the service.
- Moose Sausages: We have moose sausages available! If you would like some, please contact Roger Learning at 699-0031 for further information.
- Fall Dinner: We are pleased to announce that our annual Fall Dinner will take place on November 18 at 6:30 p.m. There will be a bake sale from 5:30 to 6:30, as well as a gift basket on tickets, 50/50 draw and a door prize. Entertainment will be provided by Emma Neville, accompanied by our own Mrs. Kearley. Dinner will be catered by Pat Burton and Sue Garland and will consist of stuffed chicken breast with all the fixings, including dessert of homemade carrot cake. We can also provide a gluten free option (you must let us know when purchasing your ticket). Tickets are $25 per person and takeout is available. Takeout meals will be ready for pick up at 6:00 p.m. Tickets will be available for purchase after Sunday services, as well as from the office Monday to Friday from 9 – 12 noon. Deadline for tickets/takeout orders is November 10.
- All Souls: Our All Souls service will be held on November 2 at 7 p.m. If you would like to have a deceased loved one’s name read aloud at this service, please print their name in the book at the back of the church. Please ensure the names are printed legibly. Thank you.
- Afternoon Card Game: We are having an afternoon card game on Monday, November 7 at 2 p.m. Please bring along your own cards and baskets. Tea and coffee will be provided. Cost is $6 per person. We hope to see you there!
- Advent Project – St. Margaret’s Boat: This year for our St. Margaret’s Boat Advent outreach project, we are collecting women’s items for Iris Kirby House. Iris Kirby House provides a safe and secure refuge for women with or without children who are experiencing domestic violence. The items needed are: drug store gift cards, women’s slippers (all sizes); women’s pajamas (all sizes); towels; grocery gift cards; pillows; shampoo; conditioner and body wash. The boat will be set up on November 13. Please ensure you have your items dropped off by December 11 as they will be presented at the 11 a.m. service. Thank you.
- Sidespeople Needed: We are looking for a few more Sidespeople to assist with our Sunday services. The Sidesperson’s main job is greeting everyone with a friendly hello. If you’re interested or have questions, feel free to contact Kim or Lester Pike at 745-6501.
- Confirmation Registration: We will be offering a joint confirmation program between the parishes of the Ascension, Good Shepherd, St. Michael and All Angels and St. Mary's. Parish of the Ascension Confirmation registration will take place today following the 11 a.m. Family Service. Candidates must be 11 years of age by December 31, 2022. Once we have candidates registered, a date will be set for an information session to provide details about the program, class dates and times, and expectations. This Confirmation program will begin with a joint service to be held at the Parish of the Ascension on Sunday, November 20.
Ascension Café: We are delighted that we have resumed this ministry. Please mark the following dates in your calendar and come and join us for tea, coffee, toast and other goodies:
- October 30;
- November 13 and 27;
- December 18.
The Café will begin at 9:30 a.m. prior to the 11 a.m. service. We are requesting donations of marmalade and jam. Looking forward to seeing you at the breakfast!
- A Country Christmas Show: On Friday, December 2, we will host the Country Christmas Show, featuring musical guests Ladylike (Karla Pilgrim, Terri Lynn Eddy and Carole Besvater), Darren Martin and members of the Ascension Choir. Any tickets purchased for our previously scheduled show will be honoured at the new date and time. Tickets are available for purchase after the 11 a.m. service or you may drop by the church office from Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to noon.
Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox will be monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church office number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
Just a reminder to include your name, envelope number, and amount of the giving on the envelope when you submit your donation. This will ensure you receive credit on your yearly tax receipts. We sincerely thank you!
- Quilts at the Cathedral is an annual display of local quilts and needlework. Come join us at the Cathedral and view this magnificent display and read the stories of the quilts. Quilts will be on display at the Cathedral on (www.ourcathedral.ca/quilts) Friday, October 28 from 12 noon to 7 p.m. and Saturday, October 29 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Suggested Donation is $5 or pay what you are able. Tea/Coffee and sweets will be available in the Cathedral Crypt on Saturday, for $5 per person.
- Services During the Week:
- October 30, 2022, All Saints, 11am, BAS/HE/HB
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources