Pentecost 23, St. Margaret's Boat
Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Ascension Café is Back! Please mark the following dates in your calendar and come and join us for tea, coffee, toast and other goodies:
November 27 and December 18
- Bishop’s Visit/Combined Church Service: On Sunday, November 20, we welcome our Bishop, The Right Reverend Samuel Rose, who will preach and preside. At this service we also welcome the choirs, parishioners and confirmation candidates from the four parishes – St. Mary the Virgin, St. Michael and All Angels, Good Shepherd, and the Ascension. Bishop Sam will address the candidates with the Rite of Welcoming. Please keep the confirmation candidates in your prayers. We are looking forward to a great attendance!
- Synod – Bishop’s Charge: If you would like a copy of The Bishop’s Charge, it is available at the entrance of the church or from the office.
Canon Lynn’s Absence: Canon Lynn will be away on retreat from November 15 to 17, inclusive. If you have a pastoral emergency, please contact The Very Reverend William Bellamy at 368-5531 or 690-2224.
- Advent Letter/Church Envelopes: Your Advent letter, schedule of events, Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony form, and church envelopes for 2023 are now available. Packages are located at the entrance of the church. Please pick them up as you enter or leave. If you are able to deliver any envelope,s we would be most appreciative. Thank you.
- Card Party: Our first card party of the year was a resounding success. We raised $883 which will help towards many parish ministries. Thank you to the organizing committee and to all who attended. We look forward to seeing you at our next one!
Advent Quiet Day: On Saturday, November 26 from10:30 to 1 p.m., Reverend Jolene Peters will host a quiet day at the Ascension. If you would like to join, please add your name to the sign-up sheet at the entrance. Bring a bag lunch and we will supply tea and coffee.
- St. Margaret’s Boat: The boat is launched! This year, we are collecting women’s items for Iris Kirby House. Iris Kirby House provides a safe and secure refuge for women with or without children who are experiencing domestic violence. The items needed are: drug store gift cards; women’s slippers (all sizes); women’s pajamas (all sizes); towels; grocery gift cards; pillows; shampoo; conditioner, and body wash. Please ensure you have your items dropped off by December 11 as they will be presented at the 11 a.m. service on that day. Thank you.
- On-Line Auction: The online auction is open now! To view items, please search the Facebook group PARISH OF THE ASCENSION ONLINE AUCTION. Bids will be accepted until 8 p.m. on Saturday, November 12. Successful bidders will be notified November 13. All items will be available for pick up Saturday, November 19 from 1:00 to 3:30 p.m. (please use the side door of the church when entering). Payments can be made by e-transfer ([email protected]) or by cheque or cash upon pick up. Good luck to all participants!
- TIME IS RUNNING OUT TO PURCHASE TICKETS TO OUR FALL DINNER: This Sunday will be your last opportunity to purchase tickets to our Fall Dinner on November 18 at 6:30 p.m. There will be a bake sale from 5:30 to 6:30, as well as a gift basket on tickets, 50/50 tickets, and a door prize. Entertainment will be provided by Emma Neville, accompanied by our own Mrs. Kearley. Dinner will be catered by Pat Burton and Sue Garland and will consist of stuffed chicken breast with all the fixings, including dessert of homemade carrot cake. We can provide a gluten free option (you must let us know when purchasing your ticket). Tickets are $25 per person and take out is available. Takeout meals will be ready for pick up at 6:00 p.m. Tickets will be available for purchase after the service today.
- A Country Christmas Show: On Friday, December 2, we will host the Country Christmas Show, featuring musical guests Ladylike (Karla Pilgrim, Terri Lynn Eddy and Carole Besvater), Darren Martin and members of the Ascension Choir. Tickets are available for purchase after the 11 a.m. service or you may drop by the church office from Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to noon.
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox will be monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church office number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
- Food Bank: When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you to all parishioners who have contributed to the food bank. Items were much needed and greatly appreciated!
- Services During the Week:
- Sunday, Nov. 20, 2022, Reign of Christ, 11am, BAS/HE
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources