Advent IV - Love
Lections: Isaiah (7: 10 – 16); Psalm 80 (1-7; 16-18); Romans (1: 1 – 7); Matthew (1: 18 -25)
9:30am: Ascension Café
11:00am: Lessons and Carols, Officiant/Homilist: Reverend Canon Lynn Courage
Please join us in the Auditorium after the 11 a.m. service as we celebrate Reverend Lynn’s ministry at the Ascension on the occasion of her retirement. We will share one last ‘cup of tea’ together as we wish her and Wayne well as they embark on this next chapter.
6:30pm: Tree Lighting and Carol Sing (On the parking lot. In the event of inclement weather, the Carol Sing will be moved inside).
Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- CHRISTMAS SERVICES:
- December 24 @ 2 p.m., Welsh Eucharist
- December 24 @ 7 p.m., BAS/HE
- December 25 @ 10 a.m., BCP/HE (Please note time)
- January 1 @ 11 a.m., Morning Prayer
- Bishop’s Christmas Pastoral Letter: If you would like a copy of the Bishop’s Christmas letter, please pick one up at the entrance of the church.
- Christmas Memorials: If you are interested in honouring a loved one in remembrance in our Christmas Memorial Booklet, information will be accepted up to January 15, 2022. Please provide your name, envelope number and the name of the honoree. If you lit a bulb at our Christmas Tree Lighting and Carol Sing, your loved one’s name has been added to the Memorial Booklet. Booklets will be available by January 29, 2022.
- Change of Address for Tax Receipts: If you have had a change of address during the year, please ensure you notify the church office. Tax receipts will be issued early in January and we want to ensure they are mailed to the correct address. Thank you.
- Tax Receipts for 2022 Year: Please note, any givings received by noon on FRIDAY, December 30 will be included on your 2022 tax receipt. Givings received after this time will be included on your 2023 tax receipt. Givings can be dropped in the mailbox on the front steps up to 12 noon on December 30 or they can be dropped in the office (please see the notice regarding hours of operation during Christmas). Thank you.
- Office Hours During Christmas: The office will be closed for Christmas break during the following times:
- December 23 - Office will close at 12 noon.
- December 26 – 29 - Office will be closed.
- December 30 - Office will close at 12 noon. (Donations received up to this time will be included on your 2022 tax receipt.)
- January 2, 2023 - Office will be closed in observance of New Year’s Day.
- January 3, 2023 - Office will reopen with regular hours.
- Advent Letter/Church Envelopes: Your church envelopes for 2023 are available for pick up. Packages are located at the entrance of the church. Please pick them up as you enter or leave. If you are able to deliver any envelopes, we would be most appreciative. Thank you.
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox is monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
- Food Bank: Please remember those in need, particularly during this holiday season. When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you to all parishioners who have contributed to the food bank. Items were much needed and greatly appreciated!
- Services During the Week:
- Wednesday, Dec. 21, 2022, Stations of the Crib, 10:30am
- Christmas Services (see above)
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources