Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- We would like to express our sincere thanks to the following:
- Hamper Team – Once again this year, the Hamper Team, did a marvelous job helping those in need. The team provided for 23+ families with food and gift hampers. They also gave gift cards to a number of people in need. This will bring many to faces on Christmas morning! There was also a donation of $500 to Iris Kirby Hamper Fund.
- Lessons and Carols/Annual Tree Lighting – Thanks to Mrs. Kearley and the Ascension Choir for wonderful, uplifting services at our Lessons and Carols and our annual Tree Lighting last week. Thank you to Randy and Brenda Spurrell and Tasker King for their help and organization. It was enjoyed by all!
- Ascension Café/Cup of Tea – Thank you to all who helped make both the Ascension Café and the ‘cup of tea’ celebrating Canon Lynn’s retirement last Sunday a success.
- Thank you to all who helped in the various ministries throughout the year. Your help makes all things possible!
- Christmas Memorials: If you are interested in honouring a loved one in remembrance in our Christmas Memorial Booklet, information will be accepted up to January 15, 2022. Please provide your name, envelope number and the name of the honoree. If you lit a bulb at our Christmas Tree Lighting and Carol Sing, your loved one’s name has been added to the Memorial Booklet. Booklets will be available by January 29, 2022.
- Office Hours During Christmas: The office will be closed for Christmas break during the following times:
- December 26 – 29 - Office will be closed.
- December 30 - Office will close at 12 noon. (Donations received up to this time will be included on your 2022 tax receipt.)
- January 2, 2023 - Office will be closed in observance of New Year’s Day.
- January 3, 2023 - Office will reopen with regular hours.
- Church Envelopes: If you have not already done so, please remember to pick up your church envelopes. Also, if you are able to drop envelopes to relatives, neighbours or friends, we would be most appreciative.
- Change of Address for Tax Receipts: If you have had a change of address during the year, please ensure you notify the church office by December 30, 2022. You can do this via email at [email protected] or you may leave a message at 368-5693. Tax receipts will be issued early in January and we want to ensure they are mailed to the correct address. Thank you.
- Tax Receipts for 2022 Year: Please note, any givings received by noon on FRIDAY, December 30 will be included on your 2022 tax receipt. Givings received after this time will be included on your 2023 tax receipt. Givings can be dropped in the mailbox on the front steps up to 12 noon on December 30 or they can be dropped in the office (please see the notice regarding hours of operation during Christmas). Thank you.
- St. Paul’s: Free fun filled Friday for ages 6-12, January 6 from 6:30-8:30 at St. Paul's Church, 202 Main Road, Goulds. Join us for music, games and snacks. Any questions, call or message 689-8960 or email [email protected].
- We would like to wish all parishioners and friends of the parish a very blessed Christmas and Happy New Year. Thank you for your support and kindness throughout the year.
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox is monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected] Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
- Food Bank: Please remember those in need, particularly during this holiday season. When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you to all parishioners who have contributed to the food bank. Items were much needed and greatly appreciated!
- Services During the Week:
- Sunday, Jan. 1, 2023, 11:00am, Morning Prayer/BAS
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources