Confessions of St. Peter the Apostle
Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Confirmation: All confirmation candidates of the Transmission Group of Churches will begin their Confirmation training this afternoon at 2 pm at St. Mary’s Church. We have eight young people registered from our parish and we pray for them as they begin their confirmation journey.
- Week of Prayer for Christian Unity: Jesus eternally prays for the unity of His followers on earth. We, His followers, should join in that prayer. In the week between January 18-25, Christians around the world do just that. Here in Mount Pearl there will be an ecumenical service on January 28 in Park Avenue Pentecostal Church, where all the Churches in Mount Pearl will join in prayer together, with people of the different congregations participating. Dean Bellamy is to be the Preacher. Members of Ascension Parish are encouraged to attend.
- Thank You: Happy New Year! Wayne and I would like to thank you for the “cup of tea” celebration. It was a heartwarming to see so many. Thank you all for the well wishes, cards, gifts and prayers. Your support, encouragement, and love these past eight years will always remain with both of us. Blessings to you as you continue to move forward in ministry. Reverend Canon Lynn.
- Attention Counters and Sidespersons: The schedules for both of these ministries are available. You may pick them up at the entrance of the church. They will also be posted on the bulletin boards for your convenience. Thank you.
- AGM Reports: It’s that time of year once again. We are requesting that all church groups submit their yearly reports to the church office by Friday, February 10, 2023. These reports are for the 2022 year. Thank you.
- Deadline for Christmas Memorials: If you are interested in honouring a loved one in remembrance in our Christmas Memorial Booklet, information will be accepted up to January 15, 2022. Please provide your name, envelope number, and the name of the honoree. If you lit a bulb at our Christmas Tree Lighting and Carol Sing, your loved one’s name has been added to the Memorial Booklet. Booklets will be available by January 29, 2022.
- Help Needed: We are looking for individuals to join our Audio-Visual team to help with the live-streaming of our services. No experience necessary as training will be provided. If you are interested in joining this ministry, please contact the church office or a member of the Audio-Visual team.
- Change of Address for Tax Receipts: If you have had a change of address during the year, please ensure you notify the church office. You can do this via email at [email protected] or you may leave a message at 368-5693. Tax receipts will be issued early in January and we want to ensure they are mailed to the correct address. Thank you.
- Choir: Choir practice will resume this Wednesday, January 18 at 7 p.m. New members are always welcome!
- Church Envelopes: There are still a number of church envelopes to be picked up at the entrance of the church. If you have not already done so, please remember to take your church envelopes. Should you decide that you no longer wish to use your envelopes, please contact the church office to advise. If you are able to drop any off to family, friends, or neighbours, we would be most appreciative.
- Food Bank: Please remember those in need. When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you to all parishioners who have contributed to the food bank. Items are much needed and greatly appreciated!
- Bibles available: The Cathedral has obtained over 500 Bibles – Contemporary English Version. These were saved from being destroyed. If you know of anyone who would like a Bible – or 10 – or a box of 24 – or more! They are totally free! The Cathedral can arrange to ship them, but you would have to pay for the shipping. Contact: [email protected]
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox is monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
- Grief Support Group: Eastern Health’s Pastoral Care, Ethics and Bereavement Services Department invites people grieving the loss of a loved one to join an 8-week “Living with Grief Support Program.” This information and support group is available in-person and virtually. The first in-person timeslot meets on Monday nights from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m., beginning January 23, 2023. The second in-person timeslot meets on Thursday afternoons from 1:30 – 3:30 p.m., beginning on January 26, 2023. The virtual group meets by Zoom on Thursday afternoons from 1:30 – 3:30, beginning January 26, 2023. For more information or to register, call 777-6959, or email us at [email protected].
- Services During the Week:
- Sunday, Jan. 22, 2023, 11:00am, BCP/HC
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources