Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Ash Wednesday: Ash Wednesday service will be held on February 22 at 7 p.m., with the imposition of ashes.
- Guest Preacher: Today we welcome Joshua Haggstrom as our guest preacher. Joshua is 26 years old and is a second-year ordination stream student who is the president of the Queens College student association. He has a Certificate of Educational Assistance which he earned while living in Alberta and hopes that it will aid him in his ministry. Joshua appreciates that Queens faculty are always there to help. He is looking forward to continuing his education at Queens College and hopes that one day you will also take a class at Queens, whether for your own personal faith development or maybe to understand how to support your community of faith in its mission.
- Message from Bishop Sam: We have launched the online and social media phase of Set Sail: Charting the Course for Christ’s Church. Our website is now live, and you can find all the latest at:
- Queen’s College Appeal: Today is Queen’s College Appeal Sunday. Envelopes are available at the entrance of the church if you would like to make a donation. Thank you.
- Wednesday Lenten Services: Each Wednesday in Lent we will hold an evening service (BAS/Evening Prayer) at 7 p.m., beginning on Wednesday, March 1.
- Readers for Lenten Services: If you are interested in reading at any of the Lenten services, please sign the sheet located at the entrance of the church or call the church office. Thank you.
- Ecumenical Service: The Ecumenical Service in celebration of Mount Pearl Frosty Festival will be held today, February 12, at 3:00 p.m. in Our Lady, Queen of Families (formerly St. Peter’s) Roman Catholic Church. A reception will follow in the church hall. People from all congregations in Mount Pearl are participating, and all are welcome.
- Tax receipts: Don’t forget to pick up your tax receipts for the 2022 year at the entrance of the church. Any receipts that have not been picked up by February 28 will be mailed to the address we have on file. If you have not already picked up your church envelopes, please remember to do that as well. If you do not use your church envelopes, please let us know. Thank you!
- Anglican Chaplains to Institutions: The Anglican Chaplains to Institutions are looking for Eucharistic Ministers to volunteer a few hours every six to eight weeks to assist in the administration of the Holy Eucharist in these institutions. If you are interested in this ministry, please contact Rev. David Pilling ([email protected]) or Archdeacon Ed Keeping ([email protected]). Thank you.
Contact Information for Parish Rector/Priest-in-Charge: If you would like to contact the parish Rector/Priest-in-Charge, you may now call 769-2533.
- Food Bank: Please remember those in need. When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you to all parishioners who have contributed to the food bank. Items are much needed and greatly appreciated!
- Church of the Good Shepherd: Pancake Supper on Tuesday, February 21. Dine-in or take-out meals are available. Suppers include pancakes, baked beans, sausages, and desert, all for $10 (children $6). Take-out will be available for pick up at 4:30 p.m. Dine-in will be serving at 6 p.m. For tickets, please call the church office at 747-1022.
- Ocean Ranger Memorial Prayer Service: Gonzaga High School will be holding its annual Ocean Ranger Memorial Prayer Service to remember those who lost their lives in the tragedy 41 years ago. The service will be held on Wednesday, February 15, 2023 at 10:30 a.m. at the Basilica of St. John the Baptist.
- We welcome the newly baptized: Amelia Isabella Yetman. We receive you into the household of God. Confess the faith of Christ crucified, proclaim his resurrection, and share with us in his eternal priesthood.
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox is monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
- Services During the Week:
- Sunday, Feb. 19, 2023, Epiphany VII - Transfiguration: 11:00am, BAS/HE
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources