Lections: Genesis 12: 1 – 4a; Psalm 121 (Refrain: The Lord himself watches over you.); Romans 4: 1-5, 13 – 17; John 3:1-16
- Officiant/Homilist: The Very Reverend Wm Bellamy
Readers: Tasker King; Mildred Pretty
Hymns: 11, 456, 347, 176, 524
Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Lenten Cards: If you would like to make a Lenten offering, there are Lenten cards available at the entrance of the church. Feel free to pick one up. Thank you.
- Readers for Lenten Services: If you are interested in reading at any of the Lenten services, please sign the sheet located at the entrance of the church or call the church office. Thank you.
- Food Bank: Please remember those in need! When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you to all parishioners who have contributed to the food bank. Items are much needed and greatly appreciated!
- Community Supper Take-out for Those in Need: This is a hot, free take-out meal for those in need. Meal will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive on Wednesday, March 8. If you, or someone you know, could use a hot meal, please come by, and pick one up. Covid-19 protocols will be observed. Meals will be available from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
St. Mary the Virgin Anglican Church: St. Mary the Virgin will host an Old-Fashioned Lenten take-out meal on Saturday, March 11, between 3:30 and 6:00 p.m. The menu will include ham with raisin sauce, baked beans, mashed potatoes, carrot, and partridgeberry pudding with sauce for dessert. The cost is $20.00 per meal. Tickets MUST be purchased before March 5 and they are available by calling St. Mary’s church office at 579-0039.
Ministry Opportunity from the Diocese of Eastern NL: The Diocese is looking to fill a volunteer Treasurer position for the Eastern Diocese Board of Trustees, Anglican Charitable Foundation for Children (ACFC). Further information on this position can be found in the Bishop’s letter on the bulletin board at the entrance of the church.
Lenten Outreach Project - Items Needed: This Lent, we have partnered with The Association for New Canadians hoping to provide backpacks and school supplies to children new to the Province. You may provide a backpack only, or you may choose to include some of the items in the backpack, or you may donate any of the items listed. You may leave the items in the location provided by the pulpit. We will present your generous donation to a representative from The Association for New Canadian at the Palm Sunday Service.
- Geometry Sets
- Colouring Leads
- Coloured Markers
- Small Scissors
- Glue Sticks
- Sketch Books for Art
- Binders, 1”
- Loose-leaf Paper
- Exercise books
- Duo-tang folders
- Erasers, White
Thank you for your support of this worthwhile Lenten Outreach Project.
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox is monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
- Services During the Week:
- Wednesday, March 8 at 7pm, BAS/Evening Prayer
- Sunday, March 12 at 11am, Lent III, BAS/HE
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources