Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Scent-Free Environment: Please keep in mind that we are a scent-free environment. Please refrain from wearing scented products when entering the building. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated!
- Association for New Canadians: As part of our Lenten outreach, we have collected back-packs and school supplies for the Association for New Canadians. We will continue to collect items up to next Sunday. At that time, we will welcome representatives from this organization as they receive all the items collected over the past few weeks. The Association for New Canadians (ANC) is a non-profit, community-based organization delivering settlement and integration services to immigrants and refugees in Newfoundland and Labrador. For more than 40 years, the Association has delivered programs and services that support all aspects of immigrant integration, ranging from settlement information and orientation to language learning, skills development and employment. Thank you to all who have generously donated to this worthwhile cause.
- Spring Dinner Fundraiser: On Friday, April 21 at 6:30 p.m. we are hosting a Spring Dinner, featuring the musical and comedic talents of Dana Parsons. Dinner will consist of stuffed chicken breast with all the fixings, including dessert. There will also be a bake table and a 50/50 draw. Tickets are $30 per person and take-out dinners are available (you must specify take out when you purchase your ticket). If you are interested in attending, or ordering a dinner, you may purchase your ticket after the 11 a.m. services or drop by the office Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to noon. There will be a limited number of tickets available, and they will be sold on a first-come, first served basis. Don’t be disappointed, get your ticket early!
- Potluck Supper: This Thursday, March 30, at 6 p.m. we will host our potluck supper with. Bishop Sam Rose joining us. There are still a few seats available. If you are interested in attending, you can get a ticket after the service or drop by the office during the week. Also, you will see the board at the entrance of the church with tags listing food items requested. Please feel free to take a tag to bring along the requested item to the supper. There is no charge for this event, but we have limited seating of 100. All are invited to join us in this time of fellowship.
- Afternoon Card Game: We are having an afternoon card game on Monday, April 10, at 2 p.m. Please bring along your own cards and baskets. Tea and coffee will be provided. Cost is $6.00 per person. We will also have a baked goods table and a grab bag table. All are welcome to attend. Donations for the baked goods table and the grab bag table would be most appreciated. Thank you!
- Community Supper Take-out Meal: This is a hot, free take-out meal. Meal will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive on Wednesday, April 19. If you, or someone you know, could use a hot meal, please come by, and pick one up. Covid-19 protocols will be observed. Meals will be available from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Holy Week and Easter Sunday Services:
- April 2: 11 a.m. Palm Sunday of the Passion, Holy Eucharist
- April 5: 7 p.m. Wednesday, Tenebrae Led by Senior Choir
- April 6: 7 p.m. Maundy Thursday, BAS/ Holy Eucharist, Stripping of the Altar
- April 7: 12 noon Good Friday, Celebration of the Lord’s Passion
- April 8: 7 p.m. Holy Saturday, Easter Vigil with Holy Eucharist, And Reaffirmation of Baptismal Vows
- April 9 11 a.m. Easter Day, BAS/Holy Eucharist
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox is monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
- Food Bank: Please remember those in need! When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you to all parishioners who have contributed to the food bank. Items are much needed and greatly appreciated!
- Services During the Week:
- Wednesday, March 29 at 7pm, BAS/Evening Prayer
- Palm Sunday, April 2 at 11am, BAS/HE
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources