Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Office Closures: The office will be closed on Friday, April 7 and Monday, April 10, 2023.
- Ascension Café: Our next Ascension Café is on Sunday, April 16. Please come and join us for this time of fellowship.
- Bishop Sam’s Easter Pastoral Letter: There are several copies of the Bishop’s Easter Letter available at the entrance of the church. You may also find it on the Diocesan website at https://anglicanenl.net/bishops-letters.
- Association for New Canadians: As part of our Lenten outreach, we have collected back-packs and school supplies for the Association for New Canadians. The Association for New Canadians (ANC) is a non-profit, community-based organization delivering settlement and integration services to immigrants and refugees in Newfoundland and Labrador. For more than 40 years, the Association has delivered programs and services that support all aspects of immigrant integration, ranging from settlement information and orientation to language learning, skills development and employment. Thank you to all who have generously donated to this worthwhile cause.
- Spring Dinner Fundraiser: On Friday, April 21, at 6:30 p.m. we are hosting a Spring Dinner, featuring the musical and comedic talents of Dana Parsons. Dinner will consist of stuffed chicken breast with all the fixings, including dessert. There will be a 50/50 draw. Tickets are $30 per person and take-out dinners are available (you must specify take-out when you purchase your ticket). If you are interested in attending, or ordering a dinner, you may purchase your ticket after the 11 a.m. services or drop by the office Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to noon. There will be a limited number of tickets available, and they will be sold on a first-come, first served basis. Don’t be disappointed, get your ticket early!
- CFUW Book Sale: Thousands of gently used books, most at $2 or $3. Thursday, March 30, 1 – 9 p.m.; Friday March 31, 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.; Saturday, April 1, half price 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., 1 – 2 pm is free to charities, 2 – 4 p.m. is free to Students with ID. Wheelchair accessible. Entry fee a is just a loonie. Masks required (supplied). Please bring bags. Cash sales only. Location: Former Bouclair store adjoining the Phoenix Restaurant, Kenmount Rd, Avalon Mall South Parking Lot. A Project of CFUW – St. John’s in support of scholarships for girls and women and community outreach. Thank you for your support!
- Holy Week and Easter Sunday Services:
- April 5: 7 p.m. Wednesday, Tenebrae Led by Senior Choir
- April 6: 7 p.m. Maundy Thursday, BAS/ Holy Eucharist, Stripping of the Altar
- April 7: 12 noon Good Friday, Celebration of the Lord’s Passion
- April 8: 7 p.m. Holy Saturday, Easter Vigil with Holy Eucharist, And Reaffirmation of Baptismal Vows
- April 9 11 a.m. Easter Day, BAS/Holy Eucharist
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox is monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
- Community Supper Take-out Meal: This is a hot, free take-out meal. Meal will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive on Wednesday, April 5. If you, or someone you know, could use a hot meal, please come by, and pick one up. Covid-19 protocols will be observed. Meals will be available from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Services During the Week:
- Wednesday, April 5 at 7pm, Tenebrae
- Easter Day, April 9 at 11am, BAS/HE
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources