Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Ascension Café: Our next Ascension Café will be held on Sunday, April 16 at 9:30 a.m. Please come and join us for this time of fellowship!
- Office Closures: The office will be closed on Monday, April 10, 2023.
- Scent Free Environment: Please keep in mind that we are a scent free environment. Please refrain from wearing scented products when entering the building. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated!
- Congratulations: We would like to extend congratulations to Reverend Donna Mercer who celebrated the 14th anniversary of her Ordination on Sunday, March 26!
- Thank You:
- Thank you to all who helped make the Potluck Supper with special guest, Bishop Sam, a success. It was a most enjoyable evening. Your help was greatly appreciated!
- Thank you to all who donated to our Lenten outreach in aid of
the Association of New Canadians. A representative picked up the donations this week and they were overwhelmed with your generosity. They are in desperate need of school supplies as their stock has been totally depleted so your donations came at the most opportune time!
- Don’t Forget to Purchase Your Tickets for our Spring Dinner Fundraiser: On Friday, April 21 at 6:30 p.m. we are hosting a Spring Dinner, featuring the musical and comedic talents of Dana Parsons. Dinner will consist of stuffed chicken breast with all the fixings, including dessert. There will also be a bake table and a 50/50 draw. Tickets are $30 per person and take-out dinners are available (you must specify take-out when you purchase your ticket). If you are interested in attending, or ordering a dinner, you may purchase your ticket after the 11 a.m. services or drop by the office Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to noon. There will be a limited number of tickets available, and they will be sold on a first-come, first served basis. Don’t be disappointed, get your ticket early!
- Afternoon Card Game: Our afternoon card game is tomorrow, Monday, April 10 at 2 p.m. There will be a bake table and grab bags. Please bring along your own cards and baskets. Admission is $6 per person. All are welcome!
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox is monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
- Food Bank: Please remember those in need! When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you to all parishioners who have contributed to the food bank. Items are much needed and greatly appreciated!
- Community Supper Take-out Meal: This is a hot, free take-out meal. Meal will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive on Wednesday, April 5. If you, or someone you know, could use a hot meal, please come by, and pick one up. Covid-19 protocols will be observed. Meals will be available from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Services During the Week:
- Easter II, April 16 at 11am, BAS/HE/HB
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources