Easter Day II
Lections:Acts of the Apostles 2:14A, 22-32; Psalm 16
(Refrain: God will not abandon me to the grave.); 1 Peter 1:3-9; John 20:19-31
9:30 am: Ascension Café
11:00 am: BAS/HE/HB
- Officiant: The Very Reverend Wm Bellamy
- Homilist: Reverend Fred Parrott
Readers: Fronie Squibb, Jillian Gibson
Hymns: 516; Child of Blessing (Insert); 228; 244; 217
Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Bishop’s Letter - Lifting of Restrictions on the Common Cup and Water of Baptism: We have received a letter from Bishop Sam regarding lifting of restrictions of the Common Cup and Water of Baptism. Restrictions will be lifted effective Sunday, May 28, as we return to pre-covid practices. Further details are provided in the letter. A copy of this letter is available at the entrance of the church.
- Service of Farewell: On Thursday, April 27, at 7 p.m. we will have a service for the previous rector, David Burrows. Following the service, there will be a reception in the Auditorium. All are welcome to attend!
- Thank You: Thank you to all who helped make our afternoon card party on Monday, April 10, a success. We raised $1,182.65 at this event. Thanks to all who contributed and to all who attended!
- Free Book Table: There are many books for your viewing and ownership on a table at the back of the church. Please help yourself and enjoy your reading.
- Last Chance to Purchase Your Tickets for our Spring Dinner Fundraiser: Friday, April 21 at 6:30 p.m. we are hosting a Spring Dinner, featuring the musical and comedic talents of Dana Parsons. Tickets are $30 per person and take-out dinners are available (you must specify take-out when you purchase your ticket). Sunday is the last day they will be available for purchase.
- Community Supper Take-out Meal: This is a hot, free take-out meal. Meals will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive on Wednesday, April 19. If you, or someone you know, could use a hot meal, please come by, and pick one up. Covid-19 protocols will be observed. Meals will be available from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Scent Free Environment: Please keep in mind that we are a scent free environment. Please refrain from wearing scented products when entering the building. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated!
- Food Bank: Please remember those in need! When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you to all parishioners who have contributed to the food bank. Items are much needed and greatly appreciated!
- Church of the Good Shepherd Crafters Fair – Craft Fair will be held on Saturday April 22, at Church of the Good Shepherd, 111 Richard Nolan Drive, Mount Pearl. Join us between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. There will be craft tables, bake tables, coffee, and lunch. Bring along a photo for printing on that perfect Mother's Day gift. Admission $2.
- Yom HaShoah Remembrance: The Anglican Cathedral of St. John the Baptist will host a Service of Evening Prayer commemorating the 80th Anniversary of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising (Yom HaShoah) at 7 p.m. on Monday, April 17. This service will be held in coordination with, and with participation from, members of the Jewish Communities of St. John's. As part of this service, we will be having a naming ceremony and ask that any in the community who wish to have names read to please contact Paul Rubinstein at [email protected]. Please join us for this solemn interfaith event as we remember and honor those we lost and declare together – never again. All are welcome.
- Holy Baptism: We welcome the newly baptized Londyn Elizabeth Button and Brooklyn Roseanne Davis. We receive you into the household of God. Confess the faith of Christ crucified, proclaim his resurrection, and share with us in his eternal priesthood.
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox is monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
- Services During the Week:
- Easter III, April 23 at 11am, BCP/HC
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources