Good Shepherd Sunday
Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Email Scam Alert: Please be aware there is a scam email circulating using the following address: [email protected]. The email is requesting gift cards. Do not respond to this email as it is not the true email for the Rector of the Ascension. Be diligent when receiving such emails, they may look authentic, but they are not. If an email looks questionable, it probably is. If you receive emails from Rectors or in a Church name, always check with the clergy or church office to see if it is legitimate. Be cyber aware and always check it out!
- Help Wanted: On Thursday, May 11, at 2 p.m., we are hosting the Queen’s College Convocation. This is a wonderful opportunity for the parish. We will have a reception in the Auditorium following the service, which will include refreshments. If you can contribute food items (i.e., cookies, sandwiches, muffins, etc.), we ask that you drop them at the church by 12 noon, Thursday, May 11. Thank you very much.
- Thank you: Thank you to all who helped organize our Spring Fundraiser Dinner. This was a wonderful event with a great meal and entertainment. We raised $1,242. We appreciate all who contributed in any way to make this a successful event!
- Readers: We are compiling a list of readers for our services from May to September. If you are interested in reading at any Sunday service, please sign the sheet at the entrance of the church or you may call the office (709-368-5693) to have your name added to the list. You are welcome to read at more than one service if you wish. We appreciate your support.
- Food Bank: Please remember those in need! When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you to all parishioners who have contributed to the food bank. Items are much needed and greatly appreciated!
- Community Supper Take-out Meal: This is a hot, free take-out meal. Meal will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive on Wednesday, May 3. If you, or someone you know, could use a hot meal, please come by, and pick one up. Covid-19 protocols will be observed. Meals will be available from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Special Events in May:
- May 10 - 90th birthday Celebration for Father Michael Horlick. Service of Holy Eucharist at 2 p.m. followed by a reception in the Auditorium. All are welcome!
- May 11 - Queen’s College Convocation at 2 p.m., followed by a reception in the Auditorium. All are welcome!
- May 28 - Confirmation at the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist at 2 p.m. The confirmation candidates are from the parishes of the Ascension, Church of the Good Shepherd, St. Michael and All Angels, and St. Mary the Virgin. All are welcome!
- May 29 - Afternoon Card Party at 2 p.m. Details to follow.
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox is monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
- Services During the Week:
- Easter V, May 7 at 11am, BAS/HE
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources