Lections: Acts of the Apostles 1:1-11; Psalm 47 (Refrain: God has gone up with a shout.); Ephesians 1:15-23; Luke 24:44-53
11:00 am: BAS/HE/HB
- Officiant/Homilist: The Very Reverend Wm Bellamy
Readers: Dana Dawe, Julia Collins
Hymns: 246, Child of Blessing, 247, 60, 379
Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Ascension Café: The next Ascension Café is Sunday, May 28. Please join us for this time of fellowship!
- Confirmation: Next Sunday, May 28, confirmation will take place at the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist at 2 p.m. The confirmation candidates are from the parishes of The Ascension, Church of the Good Shepherd, St. Michael and All Angels and St. Mary the Virgin. All are welcome!
- Afternoon Card Party: On Monday, May 29 at 2 p.m. we are hosting an afternoon card party. Bring along your own cards and baskets. Admission is $6 and all are welcome to come join us for an afternoon of fun!
- Food Bank: Please remember those in need! When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you to all parishioners who have contributed to the food bank. Items are much needed and greatly appreciated!
- Community Supper Take-out Meal: This is a hot, free take-out meal. Meal will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive on Wednesday, May 31. If you, or someone you know, could use a hot meal, please come by, and pick one up. Covid-19 protocols will be observed. Meals will be available from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Anglican Life: We commend to all parishioners Anglican Life, which comes with the national Church’s Anglican Journal, 10 months per year. Anglican Life serves as the newspaper for the three dioceses in Newfoundland & Labrador, offering subscribers a wealth of content.
- Readers can expect a diverse range of articles and images from numerous contributors.
- The newspaper features regular and guest columnists who provide spiritual and thought-provoking insights on various subjects.
- Subscribers will receive The Anglican Journal, the Anglican Church of Canada's newspaper, which delivers news from across the country and around the world.
- If you are a member of one of our congregations, you may subscribe to receive the church's newspaper for FREE.
- To subscribe, please contact The Rev'd Fred Marshall, Officer of the Anglican Joint Committee, at (709) 727-4346, or send an email to [email protected].
- St. Vincent de Paul: We have received a letter from the officers of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul thanking this parish for our past and on-going support of the Food Bank which they operate in Mount Pearl. Your generosity in donating food contributes greatly to the well-being of many people who struggle to make ends meet in our city…people who will go hungry without your caring.
- Last Things / Endowments: Over the years our diocese and our parish have benefitted greatly from bequests people have made in their wills, leaving money or other gifts for the work of the Church they loved during their lives. At the entrances to the Church there is a brochure titled, How Will You Be Remembered? about planning to make gifts you wish to leave to the Church after your life on earth is finished. Please take one and give it your prayerful consideration.
- Property Clean Up: A glance around our property is all it takes to know some clean-up is badly needed. We invite all parishioners to join us on Tuesday May 30 at 6:30 pm to assist with the clean-up and tidying of our outside property. Please bring any necessary outdoor equipment that you have.
- We welcome the newly baptized: LEVI DOUGLAS COLLINS, OLIVIA MARIE HAMMOND. We receive you into the household of God. Confess the faith of Christ crucified, proclaim his resurrection, and share with us in his eternal priesthood.
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox is monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
- Services: Pentecost, May 28, 2023 @ 11:00am 2:00pm - BAS/HE Confirmation @ The Cathedral
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources