Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Summer Student: We are hiring for a summer student position! If you are interested in applying, please forward your application with your resume to [email protected] no later than noon on Friday, June 9 or you may drop one off at the church office. Thank you.
- Next Afternoon Card Party: The next afternoon card party will be held on Monday, June 19 at 2 p.m. Please bring your own cards and baskets. Admission is $6 per person. All are welcome!
- Thank you to all who helped make our afternoon card party on Monday, May 29, a success. We raised $675 at this event. Thanks to all who contributed and to all who attended!
- Thank you to those who participated in our spring clean-up of the grounds on Tuesday, May 30. Your help was greatly appreciated.
- Last Things / Endowments: Over the years our diocese and our parish have benefitted greatly from bequests people have made in their wills, leaving money or other gifts for the work of the Church they loved during their lives. At the entrances to the Church there is a brochure titled, How Will You Be Remembered? about planning to make gifts you wish to leave to the Church after your life on earth is finished. Please take one and give it your prayerful consideration.
- Organist/Pianist Needed: Looking for an organist/pianist to play for Sunday morning 11 a.m. services at The Parish of the Ascension, Mount Pearl during July and August. This would include playing a prelude, five hymns, and a postlude. The organ or piano may be used. If interested, please contact the organist at [email protected] or phone the church office at 709-368-5693. Thank you!
- Restoration of the Common Cup: We will have both administrators stand side by side in the middle of the altar rail gate: the priest will administer the bread and the Eucharistic Minister the wine. Those wishing to receive the bread will receive from the priest. If they do not want to receive the wine, they will turn to their right and return to their pews passing by the organ. If they wish to receive the wine also, they will step over to the Eucharistic Minister and after receiving turn to their left and return to their pew passing by the pulpit. If this causes any difficulty, please let us know. We are happy to bring Communion to the pews for people who have trouble walking and climbing the steps. If you need us to do this, please let one of the greeters know when you enter the church.
- Community Supper Take-out Meal: This is a hot, free take-out meal. The meal will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive on Wednesday, June 14. If you, or someone you know, could use a hot meal, please come by, and pick one up. Covid-19 protocols will be observed. Meals will be available from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Food Bank: Please remember those in need! When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you to all parishioners who have contributed to the food bank. Items are much needed and greatly appreciated!
- Donations: A donation was made to the Giving Thanks fund in recognition of the 70th wedding anniversary of Stewart and Cindy Button.
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox is monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
- Services: Pentecost II, June 11, 2023, 11:00am, BCP/HC
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources