Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Cemetery Services:
- Kenmount Road Cemetery service is scheduled for Wednesday, July 12, 7:00 - 7:30 p.m. (Conducted by St. Michael’s)
- Forest Road Service Cemetery is scheduled for Wednesday, July 19, 7:00 - 7:30 p.m. (Conducted by St. Thomas)
- Cancellation of Cemetery Services due to Inclement Weather:
- Cancelled Service to be held the following day, for example if Wednesday’s Service is cancelled, it will be rescheduled for 7:00 p.m. on Thursday.
- In the event of inclement weather on both days, the service will be held on the scheduled Thursday at the responsible parish’s church at 7:45 pm.
- In the case of the Kenmount Road service, this would take place at the Cathedral.
- In the case of the Forest Road service this may be rescheduled for the following week. In either case announcements will be made.
- The Cemetery Committee will provide Notice of Cancellation to the parish responsible and to radio stations VOWR and VOCM by 1:30 PM on the day the Service is cancelled.
- Anglican Life: Anglican Life serves as the newspaper for the three dioceses in Newfoundland & Labrador, offering subscribers a wealth of content.
- Readers can expect a diverse range of articles and images from numerous contributors.
- The newspaper features regular and guest columnists who provide spiritual and thought-provoking insights on various subjects.
- Subscribers will receive The Anglican Journal, the Anglican Church of Canada's newspaper, which delivers news from across the country and around the world.
- If you are a member of one of our congregations, you may subscribe to receive the church's newspaper for FREE.
To subscribe, please contact The Reverend Fred Marshall, Officer of the Anglican Joint Committee, at (709) 727-4346, or send an email to [email protected].
- Next Afternoon Card Party: The next afternoon card party will be held on Monday, June 19 at 2 p.m. Please bring your own cards and baskets. Admission is $6 per person. All are welcome! If you would like to make a donation of items for our grab bags, please drop them by the church office by no later than Friday, June 16 at 12 noon. Thank you.
- Last Things / Endowments: Over the years our diocese and our parish have benefitted greatly from bequests people have made in their wills, leaving money or other gifts for the work of the Church they loved during their lives. At the entrances to the Church there is a brochure titled, How Will You Be Remembered? about planning to make gifts you wish to leave to the Church after your life on earth is finished. Please take one and give it your prayerful consideration.
- Restoration of the Common Cup: We will have both administrators stand side by side in the middle of the altar rail gate: the priest will administer the bread and the Eucharistic Minister the wine. Those wishing to receive the bread will receive from the priest. If they do not want to receive the wine, they will turn to their right and return to their pews passing by the organ. If they wish to receive the wine also, they will step over to the Eucharistic Minister and after receiving turn to their left and return to their pew passing by the pulpit. If this causes any difficulty, please let us know. We are happy to bring Communion to the pews for people who have trouble walking and climbing the steps. If you need us to do this, please let one of the greeters know when you enter the church.
- Community Supper Take-out Meal: This is a hot, free take-out meal. The meal will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive on Wednesday, June 28. If you, or someone you know, could use a hot meal, please come by, and pick one up. Covid-19 protocols will be observed. Meals will be available from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Food Bank: Please remember those in need! When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you to all parishioners who have contributed to the food bank. Items are much needed and greatly appreciated!
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox is monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
- Services: Father's Day, Pentecost III, June 18, 2023, 11:00am, Family Service
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources