Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Thank you: Please join the Wardens and Vestry and office staff as we thank The Very Reverend William Bellamy for serving as our Priest-in-Charge over the past few months. His thoughtful homilies and reflections were very much appreciated by all during his time at the Ascension. We wish him a very happy ‘retirement’ once again, and hope to see him as a congregant regularly.
- Welcome: Today, we welcome the Reverend Scott Winsor as he joins the Ascension family in the capacity of half-time Associate Priest. Reverend Scott’s position is shared with the Good Shepherd (half-time) as part of the new ministry model.
- Cup of Tea: We will have a cup of tea following the 11 a.m. service this coming Sunday to bid farewell to Dean Bellamy and welcome to Reverend Scott. Please feel free to bring along a donation of food if you are able. See you there!
- Afternoon Card Party: Our next afternoon card party will be held on Monday, July 10 at 2 p.m. Please bring along your own cards and baskets. Admission is $6. All are welcome to attend.
- Kenmount Road Cemetery service is scheduled for Wednesday, July 12, 7:00 - 7:30 p.m. (Conducted by St. Michael’s)
- Forest Road Service Cemetery is scheduled for Wednesday, July 19 from 7:00 - 7:30 p.m. (Conducted by St. Thomas)
Cancellation of Cemetery Services due to Inclement Weather:
- Cancelled Service to be held the following day, for example if Wednesday’s Service is cancelled, it will be rescheduled for 7:00 p.m. on Thursday.
In the event of inclement weather on both days, the service will be held on the scheduled Thursday at the responsible parish’s church at 7:45 pm.
- In the case of the Kenmount Road service, this would take place at the Cathedral.
- In the case of the Forest Road service this may be rescheduled for the following week. In either case announcements will be made.
- The Cemetery Committee will provide Notice of Cancellation to the parish responsible and to radio stations VOWR and VOCM by 1:30 PM on the day the Service is cancelled.
- Thank You: To all who helped make our afternoon card party on Monday a success. We raised $1,200. Thanks for your continued support.
- Restoration of the Common Cup: We will have both administrators stand side by side in the middle of the altar rail gate: the priest will administer the bread and the Eucharistic Minister the wine. Those wishing to receive the bread will receive from the priest. If they do not want to receive the wine, they will turn to their right and return to their pews passing by the organ. If they wish to receive the wine also, they will step over to the Eucharistic Minister and after receiving turn to their left and return to their pew passing by the pulpit. If this causes any difficulty, please let us know. We are happy to bring Communion to the pews for people who have trouble walking and climbing the steps. If you need us to do this, please let one of the greeters know when you enter the church.
- Community Supper Take-out Meal: This is a hot, free take-out meal. The meal will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive on Wednesday, June 28. If you, or someone you know, could use a hot meal, please come by, and pick one up. Covid-19 protocols will be observed. Meals will be available from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Food Bank: Please remember those in need! When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you to all parishioners who have contributed to the food bank. Items are much needed and greatly appreciated!
- Baptisms: We welcome the newly baptized. We receive you into the household of God. Confess the faith of Christ crucified, proclaim his resurrection, and share with us in his eternal priesthood.
- Willow Grace Thornhill
- Vivian Kean Schweiger
- Sofia Sydney Grace Osmond
Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox is monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
- Services: Summer Services, 11:00am
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources