Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Ascension Café: The next Ascension Café will be on Sunday, October 1 at 9:30 a.m. Please join us for this time of fellowship! Donations of flour, coffee and jams are much appreciated.
- Family Service: Next Sunday will be family service at 11 a.m. Music will be by the Saints and Sinners and there will be a time of fellowship in the auditorium following the service.
- Thank You: Thank you to all who helped make our afternoon card party on Monday, September 11, a success. We raised $ 920.00 at this event. Thanks to all who contributed and to all who attended!
- Community Supper Take-out Meal: This is a hot, free take-out meal. The meal will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive on September 27. If you, or someone you know, could use a hot meal, please come by, and pick one up. Meals will be available from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Senior Choir: Choir practice has resumed, and we are looking for new members to join the choir, especially altos and male sections. If you are interested in joining this ministry, please feel free to come along on Wednesdays at 7 pm or speak to our organist Mrs. Kearley.
- Saints and Sinners Music Group: We are looking for new members to join our praise band, Saints and Sinners. If you can play the guitar or another instrument and would like to join this ministry, please speak to Mrs. Kearley, our organist. Our next family service is September 24th.
- Reading in Church: We are in the process of compiling a list of parishioners who are interested in reading at our Sunday services. If you are interested, please email the office at [email protected] or call (709) 368-5693 to have your name added to our list. Thank you to all who have volunteered in the past, your commitment is greatly appreciated.
- The Parish of the Good Shepherd, 111 Richard Nolan Drive, Mount Pearl will be holding a Jigs Dinner on Monday, September 25th. Dinner includes Salt beef, vegetables, and dessert. Tickets are dine in or takeout at a cost of $20. Tickets are available from the church office by calling (709)747-1022. The Church office is open Monday and Wednesday afternoons from 1:30 to 4:30 and Thursday morning from 9:30-12:30. Payment is accepted through EMT, cash or cheque. If you choose EMT payment, kindly indicate in comments of your transfer that it is for the Jigs Dinner. Dinners can be picked up at 4:30 and Dine in is at 6 pm on September 25th.
- Phones in Church: Please remember to turn your phone off or put it on silent when attending services. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
- Food Bank: Please remember those in need! When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you to all parishioners who have contributed to the food bank. Items are much needed and greatly appreciated!
- Children’s Ministry: Until we can offer a regular Sunday school program, we still want to encourage our children (grandchildren, nieces, nephews, God children, etc) to come to church. Archdeacon Nancy will be introducing ‘Sunday School in Your Seat’ for children up to 10 years of age. Each child will be given an activity bag for them to complete in their seat during our worship. There will also be snacks included. Please share this information as we do our best to make our worship space inviting for our youngest members.
- Message from the Diocese: Set Sail: There will be a virtual information session on Thursday, September 21, 2023, at 7:00 PM (NFLD time). The purpose of this session is to introduce Set Sail: Charting the Course for Christ’s Church to the people of the Diocese, for those who were not able to attend a previous session or would like to have a refresh. Bishop Sam will discuss his vision for the Diocese and the goals of the Set Sail strategic plan. Attendees should be able to return to their parishes with a good understanding of what comes next on our journey, together. To register for the webinar, please visit https://triware.webex.com/weblink/register/r896cd00add3d4dd19884d0da66d38862.
- Scent Free Environment: Please keep in mind that we are a scent free environment. Please refrain from wearing scented products when entering the building. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated!
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox is monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
- Pentecost 17: Sunday, September 24 @ 11am: WWB Family Service
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources