Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Welcome: Today we extend a warm welcome to The Right Reverend Samuel Rose who will be the preacher and presider at our Thanksgiving celebration.
- Ascension Café: The next Ascension Café will be on Sunday, October 15. Donations of marmalade would be most appreciated. All are welcome to join in this time of fellowship.
All Souls: If you would like to have your loved one’s name read aloud at our All Souls’ Service on November 2 at 7 p.m., please PRINT their name in the book at the entrance of the church.
Office Closure: The office will be closed on Monday, October 9, in observance of Thanksgiving.
- Afternoon Card Game: Our next afternoon card game will be held on Monday, October 16 at 2 p.m. Admission is $6 per person. Coffee and tea will be provided. Please bring your own cards and baskets. All are welcome to come join the fun!
- Cold Plate Supper: On Friday, October 27, we are having a Cold Plate Supper. The cost is $15 per person. We will have eat-in or take-out available. Tickets are available after the 11 a.m. services or you may pick one up at the office Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12 noon. Take-out orders will be available for pick up at 5 p.m. and dine in will be at 5:30 p.m. Deadline to purchase tickets is Sunday, October 22. Donations of cookies will be gratefully accepted! Please come join us for this time of fellowship.
- Christmas Puddings: We are selling Christmas puddings for $20 each. If you are interested in purchasing a pudding, please add your name to the order form at the entrance of the church or contact the office by no later than November 3 at noon. They will be available for pick up on Friday, November 17 from 9 a.m. – 12 noon.
- Confirmation Registration: Confirmation 2024 registration will take place on Sunday, November 5, following the 11 a.m. service. Candidates must be 11 years of age by December 31, 2023. Further information will be provided at the time of registration.
- Youth Group: The next meeting of the Youth Group will be on Friday, October 13. Youth from ages 12 and up are invited to attend. See you there!
- Community Supper Take-out Meal: This is a hot, free take-out meal. The meal will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive, on Wednesday, October 11. If you, or someone you know, could use a hot meal, please come by, and pick one up. Meals will be available from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox is monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
- Breakfast with the Bishop: DAMA is hosting a Breakfast with the Bishop October 21, 2023, at St. Philips Church. There will be a service at 8 a.m. with breakfast to follow. All men of the diocese are welcome to attend this free event. Please notify Gary King 691-3902 or Harvey Hiscock 697-5280 by October 18, 2023. See you there!
- Oktoberfest Brunch: Church of The Good Shepherd, 111 Richard Nolan Drive will be holding an Octoberfest Brunch on Saturday, October 14 from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. The menu includes: bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs, hash browns, baked beans, croissants, toutons with molasses, as well as juice, coffee, and tea. Tickets are $15 each and can be purchased by calling the church office at 709-747-1022. This event is eat-in only.
- Pentecost 20, October 15, 2023 @11am: BAS/HE
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources