Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- All Souls: If you would like to have your loved one’s name read aloud at our All-Souls’ Service on November 2 at 7 p.m., please PRINT their name in the book at the entrance of the church.
- The next Ascension Café will be on Sunday, October 29. All are invited to join in this time of fellowship.
- Afternoon Card Game: We raised over $800 at our Afternoon Card Game on October 16. Thank you to all who contributed in any way to make this a success! Our next Afternoon Card Game is on Monday, November 20 and we have a luncheon and card game planned for Saturday, November 25. More information to follow!
- Cold Plate Supper: Reminder that today is the deadline to purchase tickets for our Cold Plate Supper on Friday, October 27. The cost is $15 per person. We have eat-in or take-out available. Tickets are available after the 11 a.m. services or you Take-out orders will be available for pick up at 5 p.m. and eat in will be at 5:30 p.m. Donations of cookies are gratefully accepted! Please come join us for this time of fellowship.
- Christmas Puddings: We are selling Christmas puddings for $20 each. If you are interested in purchasing a pudding, please add your name to the order form at the entrance of the church or contact the office no later than November 3 at noon. They will be available for pick up on Friday, November 17 from 9 a.m. to 12 noon.
- DAMA Breakfast with the Bishop: Please note, the Breakfast with the Bishop that had been scheduled for October 21/23 has been deferred to a later date. We will provide an update once a new date has been confirmed.
- Youth Group: On Friday, October 27, the Youth Group will meet at the Church of the Good Shepherd from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Youth from ages 12 and up are invited to attend. See you there!
- Confirmation Registration: Confirmation 2024 registration will take place on Sunday, November 5, following the 11 a.m. service. Candidates must be 11 years of age by December 31, 2023. Further information will be provided at the time of registration.
- Hospital Visitation: If for some reason you are admitted to the hospital and would like to have a visit from one of our clergy, you must indicate this upon admission to the hospital or have a family member advocate on your behalf. Our clergy would be more than happy to visit you; however, due to confidentiality regulations, you must specifically request a visit from clergy at The Ascension, if this is your wish.
- Reading in Church: We continue to take names of those willing to read at our services. If you are interested, please contact the office via email at [email protected] or telephone at 709 368-5693. Thank you to those who have participated in our services thus far. Your commitment is greatly appreciated.
- Phones in Church: Please remember to turn your phone off or put it on silent when attending services. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
- Church of the Good Shepherd Christmas Crafters Fair: On Saturday, November 4 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. the Church of the Good Shepherd is holding a Christmas Crafters Fair. Admission is $2. There will be 16 vendors featuring a variety of goods including photo gifts(bring a photo and have it made into a keepsake while you wait), imported vintage clothing, baked goods, jewelry, and many more gift ideas. There will also be a soup and sandwich lunch available for $10. Hope to see you there.
- Community Supper Take-out Meal: This is a hot, free take-out meal. The meal will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive, on Wednesday, October 25. If you, or someone you know, could use a hot meal, please come by, and pick one up. Meals will be available from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Alzheimer Society Café of memories: On Tuesday, November 7, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Freemasons’ Hall on 115 Mt. Carson Avenue, the Alzheimer Society is hosting an afternoon of entertainment and refreshments for people living with dementia and their care partners. This event is free of charge, but registration is required. To register, please call 709-576-0608 or email [email protected]. Space is limited.
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox is monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
- Food Bank: Please remember those in need! When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you to all parishioners who have contributed to the food bank. Items are much needed and greatly appreciated!
- All Saints, October 29, 2023 @11am: BAS/HE
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources