New Year's Eve Services
Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- We would like to wish all parishioners, their families, and friends of the Parish a very blessed Christmas and Happy New Year. Thank you for your support and kindness throughout the year.
- Hamper Team: We would like to thank the Hamper Team, Karen Anthony, Nickie Butler, and Kathy MacPherson, for their continued dedication to this worthwhile ministry. Your donations, and the hard work of the Hamper team, enabled our hamper families to have a very happy Christmas!
- Lessons and Carols/Annual Tree Lighting: Thank you to Mrs. Kearley and the Ascension Choir for the wonderful, uplifting singing at Lessons and Carols, 11 a.m. service on Christmas Eve, and at our annual Tree Lighting last week. Thank you, also, to Randy and Brenda Spurrell and Tasker King for their help in organizing this event and to all who came and served hot chocolate. Both events were enjoyed by all who attended!
- Church Calendars: The Church calendars have arrived! They are $6 each and available for purchase after the 11 a.m. service each Sunday.
- Christmas Memorials: If you are interested in honouring a loved in remembrance in our Christmas Memorial Booklet, information and donations will be accepted up to January 14, 2024. Please provide your name, envelope number, and the name(s) of the honoree. If you lit a bulb at our Christmas Tree Lighting and Carol Sing, your loved one’s name has been added to the Memorial Booklet. Booklets will be available by January 28, 2024.
- Afternoon Card Party: We have two afternoon card parties scheduled after Christmas. The dates are Monday, January 15 and Monday, February 12. Card games will begin at 2 p.m. and the cost is $6 per person. Hope to see you there!
- Diocesan Anglican Men’s Association: There will be service and dinner meeting of DAMA at St. Phillip’s Anglican Church on Sunday, January 28, 2024. Dinner is at 5:00 p.m. The meeting will begin at 6:00 p.m. and will be followed by a service at 7:00 p.m. Bishop Sam Rose will be the guest speaker. This is open to all men of the diocese. If you are interested in attending, please RSVP Gary King at 709 691-3902 or Harvey Hiscock at 709 697-5280. We hope to see you there!
- Counting Team and Sidespersons’ Schedules for 2024: The schedules for both the Counting and Sidespersons’ teams are now available. They are posted on the bulletin board in the side foyer for those who would like a copy.
- Tax Receipts for 2023: If you would like your donations to be included on your 2023 tax receipt, they must be received by 12 noon on December 31, 2023. They can be dropped in the Sunday collection, or they can be put in the mailbox on the front steps as this mailbox is monitored daily. Any givings received after this date will be included on the next tax year’s receipt. Thank you for your generous donations throughout the year!
- Change of Address for Tax Receipts. If you have had a change of address during the year, please ensure you notify the church office by January 2 so your tax receipts are printed with the correct information. You can email this information to [email protected] or you may leave a message at 709 368-5693. Thank you.
Advent Packages: Please remember to pick up your advent packages, including your church envelopes for 2024, at the entrance of the church. If you can deliver any packages to anyone in the parish, we would be most appreciative. Thanks
- Office Closure during Christmas: The office will be closed for the Christmas break from Monday, December 25 to Tuesday, January 2, 2024.
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox is monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
- Food Bank: With food insecurity on the rise, we ask you to please remember those in need, particularly during the holiday season! When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you to all parishioners who have contributed to the food bank. Items are much needed and greatly appreciated!
- Feast of the Epiphany, January 7, 2024 @ 11:00am; BAS/HE
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources