Ministry & Mission at the Ascension
- Vestry Meeting: The next meeting will be held on Thursday, February 29 at 7 p.m. at the church. All members are urged to attend this important meeting.
Annual General Meeting will be held on Sunday, March 10 immediately following the 11 a.m. service. In the event of inclement weather, the alternate date is Sunday, March 17. If you have not already submitted your report, this is a reminder that reports are due into the office by February 9, 2024. Thank you.
Bible Study: Reverend Nancy will be having Bible Study classes at 10:30 a.m. every Wednesday in Lent, beginning on February 21. The theme will be “Followers of Jesus”. If you are interested in attending, please add your name to the sign-up sheet at the entrance of the Church.
- Mid-week Lenten Services: Beginning on Wednesday, February 21, there will be a BCP Service of Compline held each Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. All are invited to attend.
- Frosty Festival Ecumenical Service will be held on Sunday, February 11 at 4 p.m. at First United Church. All are welcome to attend.
- Tax Receipts: Your 2023 tax receipts are ready for pick up at the entrance of the church. Those that have not been picked up by the end of February will be mailed to the address we have on file.
- Childcare: Parishioners of our church family are seeking in-home childcare, beginning in April, for their child under one. If you know of anyone who is caring for young children, please contact Reverend Nancy.
- Potluck Supper: On Thursday, February 22, we are hosting a potluck supper with live entertainment provided by Jacobs Passage. We ask that you take a tag from the board at the entrance of the church and prepare that dish to bring along. Supper will be at 6 p.m. All are invited to join in this time of fellowship. Hope to see you there!
- Afternoon Card Party: The next afternoon card party is tomorrow; Monday, February 5 at 2:00 p.m. The cost is $6 per person. Please bring along your own cards and baskets. All are welcome.
- Community Supper Take-out Meal: This is a hot, free take-out meal. The meal will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd on Richard Nolan Drive, on Wednesday, February 7, 2024. If you, or someone you know, could use a hot meal, please come by and pick one up. Meals will be available from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Lenten Outreach Project: This Lent, we have partnered with St. Vincent de Paul Food Bank. With food insecurity on the rise in this province, your donations of food items are greatly appreciated. However, there are other items needed to help individuals maintain a home outside of food items, such as cleaning supplies, etc. This Lent, we will be collecting these items. You may choose to donate some of the items listed here or other cleaning supplies you feel are necessary. St. Margaret’s Boat will once again be utilized to collect your items. St. Margaret of Scotland is chiefly remembered for her generosity to the less fortunate of Scotland. She ensured relief was provided for the homeless, the hungry and the orphaned. Along with her title as Queen of Scotland was the greater title for a Christian of “Helper of the Poor”. We will present your generous donations to a representative from The St. Vincent de Paul Food Bank at the Palm Sunday Service. Thank you for your support of this worthwhile Lenten Outreach Project.
- Dish Detergent
- Laundry Detergent
- Floor Cleaner (All Purpose, Mr. Clean, Pine Sol, etc)
- Bathroom Cleaner
- Hand Soap
- Paper Towels
- Furniture Polish
- Cleaning Rags, Scrubbing Pads (New)
- Window Cleaner
- Baking Soda
- Garbage Bags
- Lysol Wipes
- Church Givings: If you have offerings for the church, you may:
- drop them off at the drop box on the front steps (to the right). This mailbox is monitored regularly;
- e-transfer to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate where you would like your donation allocated;
- contact the office to sign up for preauthorized givings. Church number is 368-5693 or email [email protected].
- If you have givings at home and you are unable to bring them to the church, please let us know and we will arrange to have them picked up.
- Food Bank: The bins for food collection are empty! With food insecurity on the rise, we ask you to please remember those in need. When you are picking up your groceries, please add an item or two and drop it in the food bank box at the entrance of the church. Thank you to all parishioners who have contributed to the food bank. Items are much needed and greatly appreciated!
- Transfiguration Sunday, February 11, 2024 BAS/HE @ 11:00am
Anglian Church of Canada One Licence #733242-A Book of Alternative Services The Taizé Community Book of Common Praise GIA Publications Wee Worship Book The Iona Community CCLI License # 1733318Resources for Chimes from the above sources