Most of us are familiar with the event on which Transfiguration Sunday (next Sunday) centres – when Christ appeared in radiant glory to three of his disciples (See Matthew 17, Mark 9 and Luke 9). The disciples, and likewise we, are given a powerful demonstration of His divine nature. In addition to getting a glimpse of His authority and glory, I feel it makes us more aware of the transformation we should aim to go through as Christ’s followers as we ‘Listen to Him’ via the Gospels.
A few reminders given as briefly as possible as I know you receive most of these via the Chimes:
- As you know, in-person worship at 11 a.m. on Sundays has resumed with the following requirements:
- No pre-registration necessary.
- Household ‘bubbles’ may sit together. Outside of your ‘bubbles,’ social distancing is required.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- All over the age of 12 must be fully vaccinated and must present their NL VaxPass when entering the church.
- Church will be well ventilated so please layer up.
- However, the online service continues via the Parish Facebook and also on our YouTube channel.
- Once again, and with special thanks to all who make this possible, a free community take-out supper is available for all in need today, Wednesday, February 23. It will be served from the entrance of the Church of the Good Shepherd from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Covid protocols will be observed!
- Ash Wednesday begins March 2! There will be a service at 7 p.m. to which all are welcome. In connection with Lent, the self-denial folders are available for pickup at the back of the church.
- Collection for the food bank has resumed! If you have donations, please bring them along on Sunday and place them in the bin at the back of the Church. There are many out there who are finding it difficult to make ends meet. Thank you!
- The 32nd Session of Synod for the Diocese of Eastern Newfoundland and Labrador will be on February 25 and 26. The times for online viewing are given in the Chimes. Also there is a copy of Bishop Rose’s letter regarding Synod available at the back of the church. The Diocesan Facebook page link is https://www.facebook.com/
- The World Day of Prayer hosted by our Parish will be on Friday, March 4, at 7 p.m. You are invited to attend the service or join virtually via the Parish’s Facebook.
- There is a need for more Covid Team Volunteers (speaking to the congregation will not be a requirement). It is similar to doing Sidesperson’s duty. If you are interested, please contact Kim Pike at 745-6501 or [email protected]
Have a great week! Next week I will include the special activities to aid you on your Lenten Journey.
God Bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)