Wednesday of this week was Earth Day, although really every day should be thought of as Earth Day. We need to invest our time, and our knowledge in making our planet secure for those that come after us. We must strive to find ways to make a difference - even if it is small - in our own lives and hopefully at the same time we can inspire others to have a Greener life.
- I trust you were able to see the live streaming of the Iona Morning Worship last Sunday at 11 o'clock. If, for whatever reason, you were not able to be view it, you can still view it by visiting easter2020.ca.
- If you would like to read the Bishop's Easter Pastoral Letter, go to anglicanenl.net and search for the "Bishop's writings' in the search space, and it will take you to his last letter as well as some of his previous writings.
- Just letting you know that if you had planned to donate to Easter Flowers - In Memoriam in memory of your loved one, and it has slipped your mind, the deadline has been extended to Sunday, April 28. Just make sure you include your name and church number as well as the name/names of those who have departed so that we can include them in the memorial booklet.
- Rev'd David is hoping to receive some written highlights to show how you are living out your faith during this time. You can accompany your write-up with a photo/video and send to [email protected]. One or two stories will be shared in the electronic chimes each week.
- Just letting you know that a new website for the Church of the Ascension is in the making. You will be informed as soon as it is ready for launching.
- The foodbanks in Mount Pearl are in need!! You can help! The Ministerial of Mount Pearl is raising money to help those foodbanks through gofundme.com. The Parish of the Ascension is receiving the money on behalf of all the congregations in Mount Pearl. If you want to help, go to the website given and search for Parish of the Ascension. Follow prompts to make a donation. Thanks so very much for your anticipated help. Up to this time the Gofundme campaign has raised $4,210 in support of our local foodbanks.
- Please take note that this Sunday at 11 a.m. the Parishes of St. Michael and All Angels, St. Mary the Virgin, the Good Shepherd, and the Ascension are hosting Morning Prayer/BCP. Come and join us at easter2020.ca. You do not need to be on Facebook to view the live service.
- Now is a time for our faith community to come together to uplift each other. It is important to regularly check on your family, friends, and neighbours. If you, or if you know of any one who is struggling at this stressful time, please let Rev'd David or Rev'd Lynn know.
- It is so important at this time to ensure that everyone has access to affordable, healthy, and culturally appropriate food. Please visit the website of Food First NL NL Community Food Program Info - to share to find updates to NL Community Food Programs.
- The clergy has been reaching out to parishioners every since the COVID-19 outbreak. Our parish list may be in need of an update. If you have not heard from either clergy to date, please email your updated contact information to [email protected] do not have email available, please call the church office and leave a message (368-5693).
- Here is a special greeting from the staff: 'It has been five weeks since we gathered together in the sanctuary of the Ascension to celebrate Holy Eucharist. It has been five weeks since the staff has had face to face meetings and interactions to continue the pastoral and outreach ministry of the parish. The effect of the COVID-19 Pandemic has been a change for all of us in so many ways. The staff has continued to meet weekly via Zoom meetings in order to coordinate the pastoral and outreach ministry of the parish, and to provide the updates for the Chimes, and resources for parishioners at home. We also have been assisting with the joint worship with the parishes of the Good Shepherd, St. Mary's, and St. Michael and all Angels, with whom we participate each Sunday at 11 a.m. Though we are apart from you, we still hold you all in prayer during this time.'
May God bless you all and keep you safe,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)