- Scan people's lawns as you do your daily walk, or as you go for a leisurely drive, and you will see so many spring flowers blooming beautifully - daffodils, crocuses, hyacinths, bluebells, etc. The saying goes that "where flowers bloom, so does hope." Nice thought to bear in mind these days.
- Hope you had the opportunity to view the lovely online service last Sunday. It is always posted to our Parish Facebook afterwards, so you can view it at a later date. Again this Sunday, the parishes of St. Michael's and All Angels, St. Mary the Virgin, the Good Shepherd, and the Ascension are hosting Morning Prayer at 11 a.m. Come and join us at easter2020.ca (you do not need to be on Facebook to view the live service.)
- Just a reminder that the Ministerial of Mount Pearl continues to raise money to benefit Foodbanks in Mount Pearl during COVID-19. The Parish of the Ascension is receiving the donations on behalf of the congregations in Mount Pearl. If you would like to help, just go to gofundme.com and search for the Parish of the Ascension and follow the prompts to make a donation. Thank you for your continual help.
- As I presume you are all aware by now - in keeping with the public health guidelines, gatherings at funerals, burials, and weddings are still restricted to no more than 10 people with physical distancing being maintained, visitations and wakes remain prohibited, and no public worship is permitted at this point in time. All church/parish activities will continue to be conducted through our parish website, email, Facebook, and telephone.
- Have you checked out the new website for the Church of the Ascension? Have a look at ascensionnl.ca
- If, while checking on your family, friends and neighbours, you become aware of anyone who is struggling at this time, please let Rev'd David or Rev'd Lynn know. The clergy is aiming to make contact with all parishioners, but the parish list may need to be updated. Therefore, if you or someone you know have not been contacted, please leave contact information at [email protected] or call the parish office and leave a message.
- Thursdays in Black continues every Thursday. The Parish of the Ascension hosts a zoom hour with Rev'd David. There will be an offering of prayer, the lighting of a candle, and the opportunity for education from local resources from the St. John's Status of Women Centre. If you haven't been part of this hour, you can attend by following the link given in the Chimes. It is streamed live to the Parish of the Ascension Facebook page.
- If you, or someone you know, are in need of affordable, healthy, and culturally appropriate food, you can visit the website of Food First NL at NL Community Food Program Info to find updates to NL Community Food Programs.
- The need for food donations is still great. All donations are gratefully appreciated and accepted at St. Vincent de Paul Food Bank at either St. Peter's Parish Hall on Ashford Drive or Mary Queen of the World on Topsail Road. Thanks for your continual help.
- There is another wonderful 'Resurrection Reminder' this week written by Arlene Scott. This is in the Chimes which will be posted on our parish website as well as on the parish Facebook.
- Special thanks are going out to the social distancing clean-up crew for the wonderful job they did with the parking lot last week.
- Greetings are being sent by the CLB to all the parishioners, staff, and clergy of the Parish of the Ascension. Please read the lovely write-up in this week's Chimes.
That's it for another week!
God Bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)