Welcome Back!! I hope you are okay with having me once again popping up in your inbox with the latest news from the Ascension (:
I trust you all had a safe and enjoyable summer in spite of being restricted in your outings and togetherness. We all have seen and heard hundreds of times that we must wash our hands, wear our masks, and social distance. So important for all of us to continue to follow these guidelines to protect ourselves and others.
Thank goodness 'social distancing' does not apply to God. We can always draw near to Him.
I have a few important messages for you:
- As you know by now, public worship began this past Sunday, September 20. All the requirements were given in the Chimes which I presume all of you received via e-mail from the church office, and/or read on our Parish's Facebook page. This is just a reminder to obtain a COVID-19 screening questionnaire from the church's website or from the church office if you plan to attend church next Sunday. However, for your convenience, I have attached a list of the procedures for attending services, as well as the screening questionnaire.
- However, later this autumn it is hoped that worship will be live-streamed from the parish. You will be notified when this happens. If you have any questions whatsoever, please contact Peggy at [email protected] or by calling 368-5693. (You may also find a video on our Parish's Facebook page very informative - showing the method to be followed when entering the church for services. )
- Morning Prayer from the Chapel will be ongoing at 9 a.m. daily, which will incorporate daily prayer for members of our parish.
- Rev'd David has returned to "Thursdays in Black," with a special guest each week. This noonday event will be live via the parish's Facebook page. It is also saved to that page so you can watch/listen later if you are unable to do so on Thursdays. (However, it is postponed this week due to other commitments.)
- Note carefully in the Chimes that Rev'd David and a number of friends will once again be participating in the 'Ride for Refuge' on October 3. You will find all the information regarding the importance of the Ride as well as how to help with this fundraising venture - you can choose to donate via the Team page or Rev'd David's personal page. Thanks in advance for contributing to this worthy cause.
- Many of you have used 'Our Daily Bread' and 'Forward Day by Day' as part of your daily devotions. These are now available for you on the bench inside the side entrance. Just use the buzzer at the entrance. You can also sign out the Book of Alternative Services, the Book of Common Prayer, and Common Praise. If this is of interest to you, please contact the office (368-5693 or [email protected]) any day of the week from 9 to noon.
- It is important to note that the church office is once again open on an as-need basis for parishioners to drop off or receive needed items. Just call ahead if you need to come by, bring your mask with you, and ring the buzzer at the side entrance. If at any time you, or anyone you know, would like to receive a physically distanced visit from Rev'd David or Rev'd Lynn, please call the church office and give your contact information and ask any person who is requesting a visit to call with their information as well.
- Weekly updates for the online Wednesday worship, Morning Prayer, Bible Study, and more can be found by logging in to thetransmission.ca.
- For those interested, 'The Coffee Table,' a ministry of St. Michael's Church, is returning monthly as of October 7. A complete outline of what that ministry entails and how to participate is given in your Chimes.
- If you are still not ready to return to church services, or if you are not able to attend, but you would like to continue to donate to the parish ministry, you may do so in a variety of ways: church envelopes, pre-authorized givings, or through Canada Helps. If you have any questions concerning these ways, Peggy will be only too willing to help (368-5693).
- There are still many people in our community who are in need of food donations. You can donate at the Parish Hall on Ashford Drive or Mary Queen of the World on Topsail Road. Your donations are always greatly appreciated.
God Bless all of you,
Jean (On behalf of Ascension)