Last Sunday was the feast of St. Luke the Evangelist. St. Luke was born in Syria and trained as a physician, and was one of the most extensive writers of the New Testament. He is known as one of 'the seventy' who worked with St. Paul. He is also credited with being a prolific painter, and is often called the 'patron saint of artists and physicians.'
With respect to healing, it is an apt time for us to pray to God to lift up all who are facing illness or grieving this day. May He bring comfort, healing, and peace to them; and may they experience the healing power of His love.
A few important notices/reminders for you:
- Public Worship continues each Sunday at 11 a.m. The need of completing a Covid-19 screening questionnaire continues as part of the registration. These are available on our website (ascensionnl.ca) or can be picked up at the office. Don't forget if you haven't attended services since the church has opened, you must submit your questionnaire to the office by Wednesday if you plan to attend on Sunday, or if you have already submitted your questionnaire, you must call the office by Wednesday at noon. All rules for attending service are found each week in your Chimes.
- I trust some of you who aren't ready to return to public worship yet were able to feel part of the church community through the live-streaming of the 11 o'clock service from the church the past two Sundays. Stay tuned for more live-streamed services in the Sundays ahead.
- Morning Prayer takes place daily from the Chapel at 9 a.m. which always incorporates prayer for parish members.
- Each Wednesday morning at 10, there are prayers which you can be part of through our YouTube channel at youtu.be/MJzNydDzh21 or you can call the office for a Zoom link.
- If you would like to remember a loved one at the All Souls' Service on November 2, please email the names to the office at [email protected] or call the office and leave a message. Their names will be read during the service. You need to register to attend this service (maximun of FOUR people per family). Deadline for registration is Wednesday, October 28.
- Anyone technically savvy out there?? If so, it would be greatly appreciated if you could assist with the operation of the audio visual equipment used during Sunday service. Just contact the office at 368-5693.
- Many of you may still not feel comfortable to return to church yet for public worship but would still like to receive Holy Communion. Rev'd David and Rev'd Lynn have expanded their home communicant list so that you are able to receive the sacrament at home. Just call Peggy to make the arrangements. On that note, if you would like a physically distanced visit with either of them, let the office know, or contact the clergy via email. You may know of someone who is not aware of this - please ask them to call the office to give their contact information if they also would like a visit from one of the clergy.
- Just a quick reminder that the CLB is hoping you will support them via their Friday Dinner Take-out/Pick Up, or by purchasing Halloween treats. All details are in your Chimes which you receive each Friday, and which is also on the parish Facebook page.
- With thanks to all supporters, over $5000 has been raised for 'Ride for Refuge,' to date. Donations continue to be accepted until October 31 - please make cheques payable to Parish of the Ascension PWRDF - Ride for Refuge.