Don't forget, Daylight Saving Time ends this coming weekend. Set your clocks back one hour on Sunday, November 1, at 2 a.m. or you are going to be an hour early if you plan to attend church this Sunday. (I suggest you do it Saturday night before bedtime 🙂
- Just a reminder that there is public worship at the Ascension every Sunday at 11 a.m. You all know by now about registering if you plan to attend, and guidelines to follow on entering for worship. If there is anyone you know that doesn't have email/facebook, it would be nice to pass along the information regarding our Sunday services. I trust some of you, who are still not ready to return to public worship, are able to view and follow the services as they are live-streamed from the church.
- There is going to be a very special service next week! On Monday, November 2, is the All Souls' Service when we remember our loved ones that have passed on. If you would like to have your loved one's name/names read out during the service, please e-mail the name/names to the office at [email protected] or call the office and leave a message. Pre-registration is required to attend this service, with a maximum of FOUR people per family. Deadline for registration is Thursday, October 29.
- Third quarter statements and Rev'd David's Thanksgiving letter have been put in the mail. The statements include any donations made up to September 30, 2020. However, please note that they are not your official tax receipts as those will be issued early in the New Year.
- Important notice indeed!!!! The church office has been informed by Light and Power that tomorrow, Wednesday, October 28, there will be a scheduled power outage. As a result, the church office will be closed for that day. Please take note of this, and if you plan to attend the service this Sunday coming, and/or the All Souls' Service which is being held on Monday of next week, you can register today or on Thursday, October 29.
- Each Monday there is morning prayer from the chapel at 9 a.m. which incorporates daily prayer for members of our parish.
- Also, each Wednesday morning there are prayers at 10 a.m. and you can join in with the prayers through the YouTube channel at youtu.be/nTy6uX0x2iI or call the office for a Zoom link. (Of course, with the scheduled power outage, these prayers will take place at the Good Shepherd tomorrow.)
- As has been mentioned before, there are many who do not feel safe to return to church worship yet. However, Rev'd David and Rev'd Lynn have expanded their communicant list, and if you should wish to receive the sacrament at your home, just call the office and Peggy will make the arrangements. (This communion at home will be according to Provincial and Diocesan guidelines for your safety and care.) If you would just like to receive a physically distanced visit from Rev'd David or Rev'd Lynn, you can call the office or contact the clergy via email.
- Any technically savvy people out there?? It is hoped that someone could help in assisting with the operation of the audio visual equipment that is being used to live-stream Sunday services. If you are able to help, please contact the office at 368-5693.
- Due to the generosity of many, $5,025 has been raised to date for the 'Ride for Refuge.' Special thanks to all who donated for this worthy cause.
- Each Thursday at 12 noon, midday prayer with Rev'd David and a guest continues. You can join them on Facebook live at facebook.com/ParishoftheAscension/live.
- Christmas puddings anyone? The Church of the Good Shepherd will be selling Christmas puddings again this year. If you would like to purchase one, please call 747-1022 to order.
- If you would like to set up pre-authorized givings, please take a pamphlet from either of the entrances of the church or from the church office. Simply fill one out and drop it in to the office and they will get you set up. Thank you!
- Just a reminder that 'Food First NL' works with communities in Newfoundland and Labrador to ensure everyone has access to affordable, healthy, and culturally appropriate food. Please visit their website at foodfirstnl.ca/covid19 to find updates to NL Community Food Programs.
God Bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)