Monday past was All Souls' Day - a moment in time when we paused once again to remember loved ones who passed away recently and also those who passed away in years gone by. I trust the service was a blessing to you, and hopefully brought a measure of comfort to those of you still mourning their lost. May you continue to cherish their memories.
A few notices for you:
- Just a reminder that public worship continues each Sunday at 11 a.m. with the same requirements that have been listed in the previous weeks. Please do not forget to register by Wednesday when you plan to attend the service on Sunday. All seats are on a first come first served basis. With a limited number of seats due to the spacing required, please register early.
- However, many of you who are not ready to return to public worship yet, will be pleased to know that live streaming of Sunday services is available each Sunday via our parish Facebook. Recently new equipment for this live streaming has been purchased, and now the staff, wardens, and vestry will be preparing various activities and worship for the Advent and Christmas seasons - which naturally will be different at this time due to Covid19. Let's pray that in time life will be 'patterned by freedom, health, and care, rather than isolation, anxiety, and the unknown.'
- I trust you have received a Thanksgiving letter lately along with a poster outlining the details of the 'PANDEMIC APPEAL' which indicates ways for parishioners to respond to the needs of the parish at this time. The Ad-Hoc team continues to meet and will have more information on November 22 when you receive another mail-out from the parish.
- Help is still needed to assist with the operation of the audio visual equipment during Sunday services. If you are technically savvy and willing to help, please contact the office at 368-5693.
- The Mount Pearl Blades Minor Hockey teams have organized a fundraiser to support our local food banks. Only monetary donations can be accepted due to Covid guidelines. If you would like to support this worthwhile project, you can make donations via electronic funds to [email protected] (no password required) or drop your donation at one of the following locations between 9 and 1 p.m. during the weekdays: the Glacier, Parish of the Ascension, Church of the Good Shepherd, or Park Avenue Pentecostal Church. All funds will be distributed to our three Mount Pearl Food Banks.
- Just a reminder that Wednesday Prayers occur at 10 a.m. each week. You may join with them at youtu.be/nTy6uXOx2iI or call the church office for a Zoom link.
- Likewise, 'Thursdays in Black' continues with Rev'd David and a guest. You can join with them each Thursday at noon on Facebook live at facebook.com/ParishoftheAscension/live.
- If at any time you would like to receive a physically distanced visit from Rev'd David or Rev'd Lynn, please call the office or contact the clergy by e-mail. Or, if you should wish to receive the Sacrament at home, Peggy can arrange for that to take place as well.
- Daily Devotional Books/Prayer Books are still available for your use. Please contact the office if you would like to pick up them up.
- A special thank you is being sent to all those who donated to 'Ride for Refuge!' A total of $5050. was raised for this worthy cause.
Have a great week!
Jean (On behalf of Ascension)