Tomorrow, Wednesday, November 11, is Remembrance Day. We, once again, will commemorate the sacrifices of those Canadians who fought in World War I and II, and all those who have given their lives in armed conflict throughout the years in the name of freedom and peace.
- In observance of Remembrance Day, the office will be closed tomorrow, Wednesday, November 11.
- Public Worship at the Ascension takes place every Sunday at 11 p.m. Pre-registration continues to be required plus all the other guidelines when attending the service. For next Sunday, you will be able to register on Thursday by calling if you already have the questionnaire completed, registering on line, or coming by the church office to complete a questionnaire. It's Thursday for registering this week due to the holiday, but other than that, the deadline to register for church service the following Sunday is Wednesday. (Live-streaming of the service continues each week through the parish's facebook page.)
- Morning Prayer continues daily from the Chapel, incorporating daily prayer for members of our parish.
- Again, a reminder that you can join in Wednesday morning prayers through YouTube channel at youtu.be/4cW04301jDA. The next Wednesday Prayers will be on Wednesday, November 18.
- As you know by now, Rev'd David and Rev'd Lynn are expanding their home communicant list and will enable you to receive the sacrament in your home - following Provincial and Diocesan guidelines. Just call the church office, and Peggy will make the arrangements. Or if you would just like a physically distanced visit from one of the clergy, the office can arrange that also, or you can make contact via email.
- The Home Again Furniture Bank is being helped by a 'Infinitely More Virtual concert.' This award winning Christian music duo will perform their grand finale concert on Sunday, November 21 at 5:30 p.m. This free-to-view concert has a PayPal tip jar and your tip will support the free furnishing of homes in the region. This concert airs live on: facebook.com/InfinitelyMoreBand and youtube.com/InfinitelyMoreBand.
- The CLB still offers dinner take-out (curbside pickup) each Friday. Deadline to order is 4 p.m. on Wednesday. Gluten-free option is available. Please advise of any allergies or dietary restrictions. If this take-out dinner interests you, call 722-1737.
- Have you ordered your Christmas pudding yet? The Church of the Good Shepherd is selling them again this year at a cost of $15. each. If you would like to purchase one or two, please call 747-1022 to order. Thank you so much!
- Maybe you would like to take time this week to watch the Primate's video message of hope: anglican.ca/primate/a-message-of-hope-from-the-primate/ 'It offers us hope in the message of God in Christ Jesus, and how our faith can be an anchor even amid the storms of life.'
- If you are technically savvy, and would like to assist in the operation of the audio visual equipment during Sunday services, please contact the office at 368-5693.
- The Daily Devotional Books and Prayer Books are available at church. If you would like to come by to pick these up, please contact the office. Thank you!
- You may like to visit the Parish's Facebook page and read the letter from The Venerable Sam Rose, Diocesan Administrator, that was read during Sunday service.
That's it folks,
Jean (On behalf of Ascension)