Last Sunday you heard the 'Parable of the Talents,' as one of the readings for the day. Rev'd David also focused on it in his Weekly Word. However, it bears repeating the importance of using 'our God-given talents' to the fullest. During this pandemic we have become more aware of the needs of others around us, and in doing so, we need to share our gifts in responding to these needs, whether they are 'listening and caring for others, being aware of the loneliness of those who are shut in by placing welcoming phone calls, giving to charities to assist those who are struggling financially, dropping much needed food to the foodbanks and the list goes on. As Rev'd David wrote, we are called to use our gifts/talents entrusted to us for the praise of the Holy One, and to the benefit of humanity.'
- Public Worship continues each Sunday at 11 a.m. Please remember all the guidelines in attending and call by Wednesday each week if you plan to attend the following Sunday. For the benefit of those who are not able to attend, or do not feel comfortable in attending yet, the service is live-streamed from our church.
- With respect to the live streaming, you can log into the new church website at ascensionnl.ca and go to the Social Media tab. Once you are there, click on the Facebook tab (you do not have to have a facebook account to view the service.) This will link you directly to the service once it has begun on Sunday. (If there are any technical issues during this service, remember it is a work in progress and the quality will hopefully improve gradually).
- Morning Prayers are still held in the chapel daily at 9 a.m. which incorporates daily prayer for the members of our parish.
- Wednesday morning prayers is at 10 a.m. If you would like to join with them, you may do so through the YouTube channel at youtu.be/4cW04301jDA.
- If you would like to receive Holy Communion at your home, it is now possible as Rev'd David and Rev'd Lynn have expanded their home communicant list. This visit will be according to Provincial and Diocesan guidelines. Just call the office and Peggy will make the arrangements. If you would like a physically distanced visit from either of our clergy, that can be arranged as well.
- Mark your calendar if you are planning to watch the Infinitely More Virtual Concert which will be performed on Saturday, November 21 at 5:30 p.m. in aid of the Home Again Furniture Bank. It is a free-to-view concert, but it has a PayPal tip jar and your tip, if you choose to give one, will support the free furnishing of homes in the region. The concert airs live on: facebook.com/InfinitelyMoreBand and youtube.com/InfinitelyMoreBand.
- It's not too late to order a Christmas pudding from the Church of the Good Shepherd. The cost is $15. each. If you are interested, please call 747-1022 to order. Thanks in advance for your support.
Keep warm! Stay safe!
God Bless you all,
Jean (On behalf of the Ascension)